Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Lake Trout day on a new lake

38 pounds of lake trout and half will be in the smoke house when it warms up. 7:30am till 3:30 pm but it was worth it.

The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

2. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By tigrr

2012Cvoguy (02-23-2020), Camo tung (02-23-2020), Dewey Cox (02-27-2020), FALover (02-22-2020), firemachine69 (02-23-2020), R&R Rancher (02-22-2020), wrencher (02-23-2020)

Feb 25.

There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

4. The Following User Liked This Post By tigrr

Dewey Cox (02-27-2020)

Got some bonus fish with that one?

Best I ever saw was a jack with an impossibly large bass inside. Don’t even know how he managed to choke it down.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Nice looking fish!
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

How are you getting these fish, hole in the ice or are the lakes opened up there?
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Ice fishing. Some lakes here have almost a need for an extension on my 36 inch auger. Other big lakes have a scary 4 inconsistent inches. On the big lakes you drill a hole every 10 feet on your way out and stop at 4". The lake I am fishing only got ice 2 of the last 5 years. Think big deep lake. As I drill it was 8 inches for the first 6 holes and them bam 4 inches. The 4" part froze weeks after the 8" part.
    I have the smoke house set up ready to go. The brine is mixed and the fish are deboned. I went and cut down and peeled a alder tree. Then with a electric hand planer I made a box of shavings. I peel it if it is covered in moss and fungi's. The clean young branches go in the pan whole. Can't wait.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By tigrr

lone-wolf (02-26-2020)

Any of these taken on Keno, Tisdale or Mcintosh Lakes? I fished those 3 lakes a few years back when we made a journey up to the Cariboo to see where Ma grew up.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

I have been to Keno 2 or 3 years ago. I have never been to the other two. None of those lakes have lake trout as far as I know.

9lbs are in the brine. 7am I take them out to dry for an hour then in the smoke house.
    Last edited by tigrr; 02-26-2020 at 09:50 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By tigrr

Camo tung (02-26-2020), Dewey Cox (02-27-2020)

Long day. I'll write the story later.

14. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By tigrr

2012Cvoguy (02-28-2020), Camo tung (02-28-2020), firemachine69 (02-28-2020), labradort (02-28-2020), lone-wolf (02-28-2020), R&R Rancher (02-28-2020), Stew (02-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Got some bonus fish with that one?

Best I ever saw was a jack with an impossibly large bass inside. Don’t even know how he managed to choke it down.
    In Labrador, I once jigged a whitefish, probably 2 pounds, near the tail. As I was reeling it in, a pike began swallowing it head first. What we picked up in the net looked like a 2 tailed fish! Pike think they are alligators.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast