Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Without my vest I feelz nekkid.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Thanks all. It’s labeled 76mm on barrel so 3” shell I guess. But didn’t see anything about the choke so I going to assume it’s a full choke and skip trying it at rage with slugs for now. At least until I can take it to some general use crown land and shoot appropriate shot from it.

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    Without my vest I feelz nekkid.
    2B3CE3B5-3710-45B6-9854-15A139291EB0.jpeg
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Stew (03-06-2020)

One method used by manufacturers to identify constriction was to stamp stars or an asterisk somewhere on the barrel. Generally one star is full choke, two stars is improved modified, 3 stars is modified and 4 stars is improved cylinder. Another highly unscientific method is to see if a dime will drop into the muzzle. If not it’s likely full.

To be sure what the constriction is you need to measure the bore diameter inside the choke as well as the diameter some distance before the choke. Nowadays for full choke is considered over .030” difference. It’s very hard to get at the bore before the choke without some special measuring equipment.

One final thing you can do is Actually pattern the gun. Pick a box of target loads and some big pieces of cardboard. Shoot one she’ll into the cardboard from 40 yards. Draw a 30” circle around the densest concentration of pellet holes. A full coke should throw 70% of the pellets in that circle. Google or YouTube should help if you want to try this.
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

dollar store wrapping paper makes good large targets

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

JustBen (03-07-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12