Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

(no gun charge) Body of man convicted in Castlegar robbery found in Kamloops river

https://www.nelsonstar.com/news/body...amloops-river/

Brandon Malkinson was convicted of break and enter and assault at the Chameleon restaurant

The body of a man convicted of a high-profile Castlegar break and enter has been found in the North Thompson River near the Kamloops Golf Course.

The RCMP is asking the publicís help in tracking down the actions of Brandon Thomas Malkinson, 37, in the days leading up to the discovery of his body on Friday.

In September 2017, Malkinson pleaded guilty to break and enter, assault with a weapon and breach of probation related to an incident at the Chameleon Restaurant in downtown Castlegar.

The incident happened in the early morning and the owner of the restaurant, Hartmut Kaden ó who lives upstairs from the restaurant ó went down to investigate after his wife heard breaking glass. Kaden armed himself with a small-calibre handgun.

During the confrontation Malkinson used bear spray on Kaden, blinding him. Kaden then fired his gun, but at the time didnít know if he had hit the assailant.

Malkinson was shot in the chest, but avoided going to the hospital for four days.

Police eventually caught up with Malkinson outside of a house in Nelson and took him to hospital.

According to BC Court Services records, Malkinson had a list of convictions dating back to 2003 with offences in Castlegar, Nelson, Creston, South Slocan, Kamloops, Dawson Creek and Chetwynd.

No charges were laid against the owner of the restaurant, as RCMP determined he acted in self-defence and his weapon was legally registered.

Anybody who had contact with Malkinson after March 25 is asked to contact Kamloops RCMP at 250-828-3000.
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By DanN

firemachine69 (04-16-2020), lone-wolf (04-16-2020), possum (04-18-2020), Waterloomike (04-16-2020)

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    maybe his past finally caught up with him
    CSSA

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Billythreefeathers

Waterloomike (04-16-2020)

Man arms himself, and enters a crime zone to investigate, he is lucky - I wonder how it'd go if he had to fire.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Man arms himself, and enters a crime zone to investigate, he is lucky - I wonder how it'd go if he had to fire.
    Malkinson was shot in the chest, but avoided going to the hospital for four days.
    He made out okay.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Another good news story!

as my kid (36) would say "Effin Karma"

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Sounds to me like somebody didnt learn a damned thing about his chosen lifestyle from the first time he got shot and tried it again. This time, he wasnt so lucky and the property owner (wisely) didnt want to take the chance of the cops ruining his life over what was another case of self defense, and disposed of the body accordingly. Word is getting out that the cops will ruin you for defending yourself and your home in this country just because they can. I think youll see more instances of criminals just kind of turning up dead somewhere after they make the mistake of attempting to attack home owners. Its a pathetic situatuion that you have to even consider it, but the police and legal system have made it this way.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

10. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Billythreefeathers (04-16-2020), Hidyn (04-16-2020), Northshore (04-17-2020), possum (04-18-2020), Relic49 (04-17-2020), SwissArmyMan (04-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    He made out okay.
    There's something wrong with me.

Great news indeed.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

What I took from the story is that he is a repeating, violent offender that got nabbed robbing a home while on parole, and he was in jail for less than 2.5 years.

13. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Lordburu

blacksmithden (04-16-2020), Camo tung (04-16-2020), Hidyn (04-16-2020), Rory McCanuck (04-16-2020), Swingerguy (04-18-2020)

If I were the RCMP I wouldn’t put too much effort into this and just put a check in the win column and move on
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

15. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By Strangeday

2012Cvoguy (04-17-2020), blacksmithden (04-16-2020), Camo tung (04-16-2020), possum (04-18-2020), Rory McCanuck (04-16-2020), SIR VEYOR (04-17-2020), Swingerguy (04-18-2020)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast