Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    What is wrong with this video? Exactly nothing! For a thing like this in Canada, we are going to jail for sure, whereas over there is a matter of a registration and a stamp. Why? Does the little girl looks to you like a street thug or an assassin? Lets say enough is enough, it is not the tool its the intent of how are you going to use it that should only be illegal!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch Benjamin Franklin

She is pretty cute and an anti's worst nightmare. A little girl shooting the deadly and PTSD inducing AR15.

.22 rimfire's are pretty easy to deal with. Doesn't take much at all to produce decent sound reduction.

IMO, .250" is too small a bore for a .220" projectile as it only leaves .015" clearance between the bore and projectile. Typically I use a .280" bore, which is a standard drill size. A good baffle design does not need to cheat sound reduction via a tight bore.

The Form 1 process still requires the payment of a $200 tax.

Are they using subsonics in that video?
    A harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very dangerous man who has that under voluntary control.
    -Jordan Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    Are they using subsonics in that video?
    Yes. Anything supersonic will produce a loud and reverberating sonic crack. It is possible to use high velocity ammo in a pistol and have it not exceed the sonic barrier but that ammo tends to be louder. Judging by the noise that is specifically subsonic or match ammo, which is inherently subsonic. The subsonic ammo most likely to function a semi-auto is the Remington stuff. CCI also makes subsonic but I don't have much experience with that ammo.

Yeah I shot subsonics in my ruger mk3 and it didn't cycle so I was curious about that.
    A harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very dangerous man who has that under voluntary control.
    -Jordan Peterson

Not all subsonics are created equal. I believe the Remington ones are designed to cycle the Ruger 10-22 so they can be a bit speedy on the odd occasion. Only the really soft ones won't cycle a Ruger pistol unless the gun is pretty dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    Not all subsonics are created equal. I believe the Remington ones are designed to cycle the Ruger 10-22 so they can be a bit speedy on the odd occasion. Only the really soft ones won't cycle a Ruger pistol unless the gun is pretty dirty.
    I believe that the lil girl is more knowledgeable about guns than any libs you point at... She even says in the video that she is using subsonic ammo.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    She is pretty cute and an anti's worst nightmare. A little girl shooting the deadly and PTSD inducing AR15.

.22 rimfire's are pretty easy to deal with. Doesn't take much at all to produce decent sound reduction.

IMO, .250" is too small a bore for a .220" projectile as it only leaves .015" clearance between the bore and projectile. Typically I use a .280" bore, which is a standard drill size. A good baffle design does not need to cheat sound reduction via a tight bore.

The Form 1 process still requires the payment of a $200 tax.
    Suputin, you are truly one of the "last Mohicans" brother....Consider yourself blessed with all of your permits, I did serve back in the day and at least had the pleasure of handling AK 47 a plenty. But many other people do not know what fun is to shoot on full auto along with many other things....lol

Quote Originally Posted by gunnutt View Post
    Suputin, you are truly one of the "last Mohicans" brother....Consider yourself blessed with all of your permits,

I did serve back in the day and at least had the pleasure of handling AK 47 a plenty. But many other people do not know what fun is to shoot on full auto along with many other things....lol
    Its funny I was thinking about when I first started doing this. Its actually been a long time even if it doesn't feel like it. I began this oh-so interesting journey in earnest back around 2005 but had gotten interested in sound suppressors around 1997 or so.

Along the way I have met and known some of the absolute giants in the industry and had the opportunity to shoot some extremely exotic stuff as a result. Probably one of the most rewarding things for me is gaining the respect of some of the top minds and designers in the industry while working from my home shop with no resources.

Currently I am developing a baffle that has an effect nobody has ever seen before. It was a bit of an accident that came out of experiments with 3D printing sound suppressors and the trick now is to figure out how to best make it work. I've got two huge US companies interested in running it through CFD programs to see how it affects gas flow which should be highly interesting.

The CCI subsonics that have been around for a while are 710 fps I think, and they sound like a pellet gun. They won't cycle anything, and they're right off the bottom of a standard bullseye target at 20 yards (sights would have to be majorly adjusted). They recently came out with one a little hotter designed for running semis. I haven't bothered trying those.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314