Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    We’re throwing White Flyers and really like them. We used to use Lawreys, as in for decades. A couple of years back we got a semi load that was awful. Lawrey’s admitted they had a problem but refused to help in any way. iIRC lots of clubs across Canada had the same problem and got the same treatment. They lost a lot of business that year
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

I had finally accepted that it just might not ever happen.
    And then it happened.

20200826_220326.jpg
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

3. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

cowboy01 (08-27-2020), Hidyn (08-27-2020), Hillbillyreefer (08-26-2020), kennymo (08-27-2020), Macds (08-26-2020), R&R Rancher (08-27-2020)

Congratulations! May that be the first of many!
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

Dewey Cox (08-31-2020)

The second 25 was definitely easier.
    Went to a tournament on the weekend and shot my first registered 25 in the handicap.
    Shot good enough to be in a shoot off for the short yardage category (where I proceeded to shoot my worst score of the weekend)
    (Well, except for doubles, but we won't talk about the doubles...)

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

JustBen (09-22-2020), R&R Rancher (08-31-2020)

You’re making really good progress this year. Keep focusing on the basics and the 25’s will keep coming. Did you get any yardage for your score?

Shoot offs are really high pressure mentally. Standing beside your opponent knowing a missed bird may cost you the shoot off makes it easy to lose sight of the basics. Nerves will tighten up muscles and turn your normally smooth swing into a jerky mess. Shoot enough shoot offs and you will learn to relax. Take a deep breath calm your nerves and go through your pre shot routine. And for heaven’s sake don’t count birds!

Doubles is like anything else. We don’t shoot enough of it to be good at it. The more you shoot, the better you get. I was going to shoot more doubles this year, but realize I need to do some work setting up my 3200 for doubles. Next Year.

Try not to be the lead man on the doubles squad. Watch the straight away. Pick a point about 1/2 to 3/4 the vertical distance you usually break the birds. Muzzle near the flight path, but you must be able to see the bird come out of the house. Adjust your hold point so you can break the bird as fast as possible. Once you fire, move your eyes over to look for the second bird. Your muzzle will follow your eyes. If you are getting on the second bird after it has peaked, you’re too slow on the first bird. Sometimes a downward dip of the muzzle between the birds, so you are coming up from under the second bird helps. No need for a heavy load on the second shot and sometimes a very light load on the first bird helps you recover quicker for the second bird. It’s a great feeling to hang two smoke balls in the air at once!

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By R&R Rancher

cowboy01 (09-01-2020), Dewey Cox (08-31-2020)

I'm not sure what the rules are for gaining yardage, but no one told me of any yardage increase.

I just read the rules.
    It doesn't look like I earn any yardage.

Keep shooting 25’s in handicap and you’ll soon start getting punches

We had our trap day tournament on Saturday.
    No wind at all.
    Decent turnout.
    And I shot pretty good too.
    That is the way to spend a Saturday.

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

cowboy01 (09-21-2020), R&R Rancher (09-21-2020)

We had our last league shoot yesterday. I was hoping for a good score to help the team. It started well with two rounds of 23 from the 16 yard line. Moved to the 23 yard line for handicap and the complete meltdown happen. I was so mad at the score of 15. I did somewhat come back with a 42 in doubles but that 15 really hurt the total for the team. I have no excuse. The weather was beautiful and the temperature was perfect. I may need to look at the field gun a little closer and maybe do something with the sight picture. I need to lift my head up a little. Does anyone know of a good buttstock cheek pad that will be able to be attached to an 1100? Maybe a leather one that will be able to be adjusted.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast