Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ftf.
    Fml.
    On friday it wouldn't do anything when I pulled the trigger. It was like the safety was on.
    After the round, I gave it a shake, and swore at it a bit, and another guy put a shell in it and it fired.
    That night I stripped it completely down and cleaned and lubed every inch of it.
    It ran most of saturday, until mid way through my second 25 pair of doubles. Then it clicked like normal, but wouldn't set the round off.
    There was no doubles on sunday, so I put that high stock onto an 870 and ran that for the day.
    I have a parts gun, so I think I'll start by changing the trigger assembly and go from there.
    If it craps the bed on a practice night, I can handle the ridicule. But I felt bad about holding up two rounds for our tournament guests.
    If there's anything else I should be looking at, I am open to suggestions, and appreciative of the advice.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

It might be a broken firing pin spring if you are getting a click not a bang. It breaks and coils in on itself but is very hard to see. If you have a parts gun try swapping out the bolt not the trigger assembly
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By R&R Rancher

Dewey Cox (06-15-2020)

I will try that first then.
    Thanks for the tip

Got out for the first time today. Lots of rusty moves but managed a 22 first round. Wind blowing hard enough I widened out my stance a tad to keep me stable. Made for some unpredictable birds.

Saw Mark II, he’s looking good with the weight loss. All in all a good day
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By R&R Rancher

cowboy01 (06-29-2020), Dewey Cox (06-28-2020)

Well, I can't hit l right hand target with my new gun.
    First round tonight I got a big fat 0 on station 5.

It was bad.

I need some time to reflect.

Not the first time a new gun caused someone’s game to come apart. It’s been said it takes 1000 targets to get used to a new gun. You’ve made the jump from an 1100 to a 32” Citori. There’s a lot more dead weight out front and it wont swing as lively as the 1100. If you can lock the trap to throw hard rights and shoot a box from post 3. Focus on not shooting until the bead bird relation is right. Adjust your hold further right if needed so the bird doesn’t beat you too much

9. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By R&R Rancher

cowboy01 (Yesterday), Dewey Cox (Yesterday), Stew (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by R&R Rancher View Post
    Not the first time a new gun caused someone’s game to come apart. It’s been said it takes 1000 targets to get used to a new gun. You’ve made the jump from an 1100 to a 32” Citori. There’s a lot more dead weight out front and it wont swing as lively as the 1100. If you can lock the trap to throw hard rights and shoot a box from post 3. Focus on not shooting until the bead bird relation is right. Adjust your hold further right if needed so the bird doesn’t beat you too much
    You are what I need: a trap guru.

I'll outline my problem later.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Waterloomike

R&R Rancher (Yesterday)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123