Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Top barrel is full, bottom is IM.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    Also, I started shooting out of the top barrel, so if I do get the gun canted, it shouldn't affect the aim as much.
    The top barrel is full, so some of the guys at the club say I should be shooting that one anyway.
    I had a new shooter with a new gun tell me the same thing: that he was told by an old hand that he should be shooting full choke.

Utter rubbish with a hint of snobbery

From that 16yard line a MOD is all that you need

Of the best advice and instruction that I was given when starting out, ditching the full choke was right up there.

As one progresses, a full choke gives a bit more challenge and satisfaction in turning squarely-hit birds to dust. Many of my guns are fixed full, so I usually go with it by default. Yesterday I stuck either a mod or IM into a gun I hadn’t shot in years, just to add some forgiveness while I got used to the thing again - it broke them just fine.
    Last edited by Mark-II; 07-13-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Club is going to have a trap set up for doubles tonight. WHOOO HOO! Going to burn through lots of shells
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By R&R Rancher

cowboy01 (07-21-2020), Dewey Cox (07-21-2020)

Thatís was a blast! Mark II, my son and a few other regulars shot a bunch of doubles. Shooting an 870 didnít slow Mark down much on the first round. My son shot doubles for the first time.

Thatís the local organizer of the junior trap league coaching Zach. Youíll have to excuse my crappy filming skills. Canít see the birds but Zach got both of them. . Second round felt pretty good and I finally started hitting pairs constantly. Love seeing them both turn to dust. Darned quick way to burn through a bunch of shells, but it was a blast!
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By R&R Rancher

cowboy01 (07-22-2020), Dewey Cox (07-21-2020), kennymo (07-21-2020)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345