Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vehicle Lifts

Canadian ForcesShort end of the Ban Stick normmus's Avatar
    I found a local shop that sells and installs this lift. They're delivering and installing it in on Monday.
    I went with a 9000 pound 2 post floor plate style. I chose this one for the good access to the undercarriage, and it fits (ceiling height is 10')
    two year warranty on all mechanical components, including the pump and motor assembly, cables, pulleys and hoses
    five year warranty on all structural components
    Lifetime warranty on the cylinder assembly.
    And since it is a local reputable shop, that services what they sell, if I do have a warranty issue it shouldn't be a show stopper.
    lift.jpg

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By normmus

kennymo (03-12-2020), Stew (03-13-2020), Zinilin (03-12-2020)

Babco, and Bendpack lifts. I have four cars in a two car garage on two hoists.
    One Hoist has the trolley jack, for doing suspension, or whatever.

Again, not the cheapest, but built to be one of the only 'hobby' lifts you could actually use in a commercial shop.
    I have two of the HD9 compact lifts. My 72 Celica is inches from the insides of the ramps, while my 91K5 sits an inch outside. Lifts both just fine.

If you can't fit a 2-post, if you dont need a permanent installation, and if you don't plan on doing daily or hardcore work on it, consider a mobile scissor lift. They work quite nicely and you can get them for under $2K delivered.

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/bl-7000slx/

If you plan on a 2-post, consider the concrete slab. Make sure you have the right type and thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    If you can't fit a 2-post, if you dont need a permanent installation, and if you don't plan on doing daily or hardcore work on it, consider a mobile scissor lift. They work quite nicely and you can get them for under $2K delivered.

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/bl-7000slx/

If you plan on a 2-post, consider the concrete slab. Make sure you have the right type and thickness.
    Scissor lift is out of the question due to access requirements.
    My concrete slab (2015 construction) is 6", the minimum requirement is 4" so I should be good in that regard.

Installation began today
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By normmus

Camo tung (03-17-2020), DanN (03-17-2020), lone-wolf (03-17-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123