Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    I agree. But let’s be honest. None of that needs to be done face to face or with an audience. Move the dates up a bit, lower the threshold so the few candidates almost there can qualify, hold a couple of Internet streamed debates, then hold the vote. We need a leader that isn’t interim to hold the Liberals to account not through to whenever this government falls. And the sooner it falls the better but the CPC needs to have all its ducks in a row when that fall happens. Whoever the new leader is needs to have time as leader before the campaign starts. We need to get on with it not delay it.
    I dont disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by labradort View Post
    Has anyone laid off received a cheque yet?
    But how many voters haven't received a cheque yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    But how many voters haven't received a cheque yet?
    What is your point? I'm saying nothing in COVID-19 aid has been delivered to people who need help. It's just words so far, and that won't pay the bills.

What is your point?
    March 25 2020:
    Q: how many voters haven't received a cheque yet?
    A: No one cares. It's early days.

April 25 2020:
    A: It's early days. Would have been nice, but my mother can give me money.

May 25 2020:
    A: It's been two months. I was expecting to get a cheque. I spent based on that assumption.

June 25 2020:
    A: It's been three months. I'm feeding my kids things I'd rather not. I'm skipping meals to make ends meet. I had to ask my ex to drop off some food.

July 25 2020:
    A: It's been four months. Where's the !@*@(%@*(@ cheque?

August 25 2020:
    A: I can tell you how I'm going to vote next election Mr. Justin Trudeau!

5. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Rory McCanuck (03-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    March 25 2020:
    A: No one cares. It's early days.

April 25 2020:
    A: It's early days. Would have been nice, but my mother can give me money.

May 25 2020:
    A: It's been two months. I was expecting to get a cheque. I spent based on that assumption.

June 25 2020:
    A: It's been three months. I'm feeding my kids things I'd rather not. I'm skipping meals to make ends meet. I had to ask my ex to drop off some food.

July 25 2020:
    A: It's been four months. Where's the !@*@(%@*(@ cheque?

August 25 2020:
    A: I can tell you how I'm going to vote next election Mr. Justin Trudeau!
    OK, I see what you're trying to say. It isn't at all the same. Perhaps 40% of people have no work right now. This isn't just a nice bit of extra cash for an iphone or whatever. This pays for rent, mortgages, etc. It is critical they get this money, how ever it is coming to them! Very stressful as well. It's incomparable for people facing this. This is no baby bonus increase.

OK, I see what you're trying to say. It isn't at all the same. Perhaps 40% of people have no work right now. This isn't just a nice bit of extra cash for an iphone or whatever. This pays for rent, mortgages, etc. It is critical they get this money, how ever it is coming to them! Very stressful as well. It's incomparable for people facing this. This is no baby bonus increase.
    I have several relatives who were working, who are now out of work and no pay. Zero. They're still 'employed' and still have health benefits including dental, but no payroll money.
    I never thought it was an increase. It may be enough to eat, if mortgage is zero and electricity is half of what it used to be. I've been helping out where I can.

The federal government is giving $2000 per month to most who were employed, according to an article I just glanced at the headline of. I don't know if my relatives qualify yet.

I'm saying nothing in COVID-19 aid has been delivered to people who need help. It's just words so far, and that won't pay the bills.
    It occured to me the other day that until this week, the only real action has been by the provinces.

The provinces imposed all the health restrictions. (The feds are finally imposing 14 day quarantines by law for travelers effective tomorrow)
    The provinces closed all the businesses. (except 'essential' ones)
    The provinces brought Emergency Measures Acts into force, freeing up cash for a variety of projects.
    The provinces discovered their millions of dollars worthof supplies post-SARS had all expired.

The federal government talked. Justin, like Punxsutawney Phil, came out of his groundhog hole once a day and talked.
    Until yesterday, I don't recall the federal government doing much of anything. They first-reading a couple of unrelated Bills. They sent money to foreign governments, and 16 tons of masks to China.
    And Monday's Liberal Bill was an idiots breakfast.

Federal civil servants have been busy making recommendations and plans.

Canada Emergency Response Benefit
    $2,000 per month for up to 4 months.
    -- https://www.canada.ca/en/department-...dividuals.html

Canadians would begin to receive their CERB payments within 10 days of application.
    -- https://www.canada.ca/en/department-...usinesses.html

The Canada Emergency Response Benefit will be accessible through a secure web portal starting in early April.
    Applicants will also be able to apply via an automated telephone line or via a toll-free number.

Is this a one time payment and will it have to be paid back once people get back to work? By the way,why is Canada sending 16 tons of masks to China?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast