Long time Manitoba gunsmith passes

I hope I've posted this in the right location

My local gunsmith (retired) Gene Gunning has passed away. Many Manitobans will know him, or of him. For years he serviced firearms for private gun owners, did warranty work and was a service depot for retailers. He worked out of his shop in Lockport north of Winnipeg. I didn't know him well at all just an occasional customer. His shop was fantastic to poke around in, so much cool stuff, and of course he did great work. I think of him as a craftsman and it's sad to be losing these skilled old timers. Beyond that he was a local community member. I thought I'd post this for other Manitoba gun owners who might remember Gene.

2. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By Purdom234

Aniest (03-25-2020), DasMauser (03-24-2020), ESnel (03-24-2020), R&R Rancher (03-24-2020), RELOAD (03-24-2020), Rory McCanuck (03-24-2020), Stew (03-24-2020)

I never met him but my dad knew him and had work done by him.now that i have all of dads guns if i get stuck trying to work on them i google it. i can,t find anyone in MB to look at handguns.

I recognize the name, but never had the pleasure. I’m sure my uncle would have known him, as he seems to know all those old Interlake smiths.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.