Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I took my 3M 6000-Series Full Face Respirator (6800-medium) for a spin yesterday, with some P100 "pancake" filters (#2097)

As far as visibility goes, I would say it is perfect. There was absolutely no obstruction of my field of view at all. I even managed to wear my glasses underneath by removing the arms. The nose piece on the mask then held my glasses against my face "Matrix" style.

As well, the mask has two "chambers" so when you breathe in, the air passes through the visor part, to keep your eyes cool, before going into the face part. Kind of a mind f*** at first as I'll bet many of us are used to having our faces get quite hot and uncomfortable when wearing any kind of helmet or mask.

Of course you can't get anything resembling a cheek weld with it, unless (for example with an AR platform) you have some kind of secondary sight mounted on top of an optic. Then you might be able to take aim.

It's construction is quite simple and it can be stripped quite easily for cleaning and maintenance.

It comes in three sizes Small (6700), medium (6800) and large (6900) and there are lots of filter options. I was hoping to get something a little beefier (I figured it couldn't hurt to have some filters that could handle tear gas and the like, 'cause, you never know), but for the time being I had to take what I could get. Since then, I see the prices on these masks have more than doubled in Poland! It also has a glasses kit that you can install.

[edit]: I should also add that a full compliment of spare parts (everything, but especially the gaskets and diaphragms) are readily available (well, at least in non-apocalypse times).

3M-6800-Gas-mask-Medium-Full-Facepiece-Reusable-Respirator.jpg
    Last edited by joe6167; 03-28-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

wow pretty cool! thanks for the great review!

and thanks for the link rangebob

RL
    Win the crowd and you win your freedom

3. The Following User Liked This Post By RL1

joe6167 (03-28-2020)

Oh man... the air in Warsaw right now is pretty funky. I hope it's just from people heating their homes (with coal, cheap coal, wood and garbage/tires), and not... you know... maybe that respirator will come in more use than I thought...
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

My TR-1 finally arrived…comes in a nice carrying pouch with 3 filters.

It took me a bit longer than expected to adjust the straps but once dialed in, it fit flush with no air gaps around the edges.

And yes, easy to get a cheek weld (the pic is bit blurry as it was taken off a tripod with a timer)

Btw, some online comments have suggested it looks like a jock on your face….here it is next to a Lo-Bloo Thai Cup (an AWESOME piece of kit)…not even close…and no, I am not demo-ing that one.

RL
    Win the crowd and you win your freedom

Whether you're looking for masks, respirators (half-face or full-face) and filters, look at brands like 3M, Avon, MSA, North (Honeywell) and Scott (3M). You'll find them in most safety supply shops around the country. And now, they're no limited to law enforcement and military. You may have a hard time finding certain canisters, but nothing is impossible to find.

https://www.grainger.ca/en/category/...ratory/c/26960

https://www.3mcanada.ca/3M/en_CA/wor...e-respirators/
    https://www.avon-protection.com/
    https://ca.msasafety.com/Air-Purifyi...-Masks/c/10601
    https://safety.honeywell.com/en-us/p...ory-protection

But good luck, considering the outbreak. You may be a little late to the game.

3M is seeing an increased demand for respiratory protection products following the outbreak of a newly identified coronavirus (2019 novel Coronavirus, 2019-nCoV). In response, 3M is increasing respirator production to help meet demand, and working with distributors to help ensure they have inventory to meet end-user demand. 3M is committed to supporting the public health and governmental response to the Coronavirus while maintaining supply to existing customers.

Thanks for posting that chart. Kind of sucks though, knowing I spent years sucking air through a C3 filter.

3M was just asked by the U.S government to stop exporting and keep production earmarked for U.S market
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

Quote Originally Posted by Sabio View Post
    3M was just asked by the U.S government to stop exporting and keep production earmarked for U.S market
    That's going to be a major problem for Canadian industrial sites and hospitals if 3M and North go along with that.
    Lifetime Member PAPRC, SHA
    Member NFA, NRA, SRAC, FMFG, SFC

And Trudeau "warned" him to not restrict shipments to Canada. lol

I'm chiming in to echo Joe on the 3m 6000 series. Great visibility, there are cartridges available to cover anything and everything. I have a set of the high end filters available and a couple of the p100 pancake filters as well.

He's also right about not getting a cheek weld.

I would love to have one of those cool Avon masks, but the price of buying and maintaining it would be insane! Definitely cheaper to throw a laser on the shotgun.
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps – each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Hidyn

joe6167 (04-05-2020)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast