Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    so my virus filter finally arrived (and the 40mm NATO threads fit both of my gas masks)...still waiting for the CBRN..but in any case, i am now prepared for that devastating virus that is slaughtering 0.024% of the population. Now that i opened the filter it should be good for 6 months, which will take me past at least the US and possibly Canadian elections after which covid will disappear anyway so i should be safe...just in case i have 2 backup filters with a shelf life of 20 years.

a view of the top and bottom plugs

and installed

Win the crowd and you win your freedom

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RL1

lone-wolf (09-07-2020)

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
    Looks great RL, do you have a link for the filters??

If it blows out through a vent, and not through a filter, it may become unapproved for banking?

thanks...unfortunately not as a friend of mine ordered 6 and i bought 3 off him...i can ask where he got them.

I will say that i ordered CBRN filters from ZAHAL in Israel and the order went wrong...i usually like to keep things positive and I have had good dealings with Zahal in the past but this time they really dropped the ball and i am incredibly frustrated and disappointed.

I ordered two CBRN gas mask filters and thought while i am at it, may as well add a tshrt and a couple of patches since it is coming all the way from Israel...

SIX WEEKS later the package arrives and guess what? it was the patches and tshirt only! No gas mask filters!

I took pics of the package and emailed Zahal right away....the answer that i got back was that it was a "shipping error"...so in other words they "forgot" to send me $108 worth of goods out of my $128 order...the most important items and the whole reason for my order in the first place.

They said they would ship the filters out right away but for the following 2+ weeks i had not received any confirmation or tracking number despite 3 emails from me to the original response that i got plus a 4th email to another email address i found. When i finally did hear back from them, i learned that "right away" actually meant another 5 days before the filters were shipped out on Aug 17th....of course i still have not received them.

in any case, here are pics of the masks being worn with the virus filters

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    If it blows out through a vent, and not through a filter, it may become unapproved for banking?
    dunno never heard of that rule...as far as i know, gas masks are legal as long as you dont wear them to a protest.

RL

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    dunno never heard of that rule...as far as i know, gas masks are legal as long as you dont wear them to a protest.

RL
    As far as I know it's not a rule anywhere.
    WHO issued guidance saying that masks that have vents are not useful in reducing spread, but that was almost a month ago and no place I've heard has followed it.

Which would include all silicone/rubber full face masks I think,
    as well as these, 3M 8511 N95

interesting....well i dont give WHO any real credibility anyway...i am pretty confident my mask/filter will keep the virus from spreading...at least it will do a better job than what is typically out there lol

Following
    Retired Soldier. Retired Engineer. Always a professional.

Webmaster for
    CANFIRE - Canada's Firearm Internet Resource
    IPSC Nova Scotia
    CANFIRE BLog

given that it looks like masks may be mandated for some time, i am experimenting with different designs...i foresee masks as becoming a fashion accessory lol...but i like things that are a bit "extra"

so here are my two latest...the first is made out of Nomex so has some fire resistance and acts as a natural filter

i got the large but it is a but snug...at least i wear it more horizontally than the diagonal they show on their website

next, i wanted to try a gaitor style...again i went with something flame resistant from BenchmarkFR in a shemagh pattern ...btw, these guys have AMAZING customer service...respond to facebook messages in minutes

RL

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456