Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bow to my googlefu!!

http://www.militaryheritage.com/muskets.htm

they're in Ottawa.

$699 plus HST/GST for most of the stuff. Some stuff only have USD...
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By linung

2012Cvoguy (03-28-2020), RangeBob (03-27-2020), Waterloomike (03-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post
    Zero BP experience but I like jumping in the deep end and there is so much to read out there...... I figure a true top end lock coupled with a White Lightnin' vent liner coupled with swamped barrel could help alleviate some of the ignition stuff but I have tons to learn.
    Like motorcycles, it is best to start muzzle loading w a beginner's model. Pick up a cheapo Lyman cap-lock and make all the mistakes with that. Then once you've got some time in, then go for the nice flintlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    Like motorcycles, it is best to start muzzle loading w a beginner's model. Pick up a cheapo Lyman cap-lock and make all the mistakes with that. Then once you've got some time in, then go for the nice flintlock.
    I don't ride bikes because I'd be dead in a week, although I still have lots of fun on 250 cc snowmobiles. I'm assuming these beginner problems include spending hours extracting misfires. I've held a Baker rifle, and of course immediately wanted one because Ned Stark. That will have to wait until I have more time.

NEVER USE ANYTHING BUT BLACK POWDER!!!

Since the word beginner appears in the text, may I offer some beginner tips for those that search and find this thread that are beginners?

When using a black powder barrel, flintlock or otherwise, NEVER USE ANYTHING BUT BLACK POWDER!!!

Read the barrel specs completely.

Don't talk on the line when loading a black powder gun. Always pay the strictest of attention to every single thing you do! ( I have a ruined $300 barrel to prove it.!)

I have owned both black powder and smokeless powder muzzle loaders. I love the smell of black powder anytime of day or night.

What else delivers two flames and an explosion you can hold and use?

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I don't ride bikes because I'd be dead in a week, although I still have lots of fun on 250 cc snowmobiles. I'm assuming these beginner problems include spending hours extracting misfires.
    There are numerous ways you can damage a muzzle loader. It just takes a bit to learn the intricacies and subtleties of muzzle loaders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12