Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This reminds me, it’s time to start perusing Kijiji for $500 vintage campers again...
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By kennymo

pitw (04-01-2020), Stew (04-01-2020)

In BC just pick a forestry campsite and go. Its not a park. I bought my campsite on Francois Lake.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

4. The Following User Liked This Post By tigrr

Doug_M (05-15-2020)

I'm in and out of the bush all summer and I don't see any reason to change this summer. No fires is going to suck though.

There's millions of square kilometers of crown land in Canada. Unless your idea of camping is hauling a big arse travel trailer into a sterile park, paying obscene daily rates and setting up in what amounts to a gravel parking stall along with a few hundred other people, there's no reason not to go camping this year.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FlyingHigh

linung (05-15-2020), play.soccer (05-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    In BC just pick a forestry campsite and go. Its not a park. I bought my campsite on Francois Lake.
    I miss that about BC. I don't think there's anything like it elsewhere in Canada. At least not on the same scale. I used to have a ton of those forestry maps.
    Pew pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    There's millions of square kilometers of crown land in Canada. Unless your idea of camping is hauling a big arse travel trailer into a sterile park, paying obscene daily rates and setting up in what amounts to a gravel parking stall along with a few hundred other people, there's no reason not to go camping this year.
    Not a lot of options in NS I'm afraid. My son and I were going to the "back country" site in Kejimkujik national park again this summer but that part of the park is still closed. Doesn't make sense to me. The feds opened the day use part where there will be congestion, but kept the more isolated parts closed. Keji's day use part is closed this season anyway so they can make gender neutral bathrooms. No, I'm not kidding.
    Pew pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Not a lot of options in NS I'm afraid. My son and I were going to the "back country" site in Kejimkujik national park again this summer but that part of the park is still closed. Doesn't make sense to me. The feds opened the day use part where there will be congestion, but kept the more isolated parts closed. Keji's day use part is closed this season anyway so they can make gender neutral bathrooms. No, I'm not kidding.
    There's no public land in NS?
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

Not really. People think NS is sparsely populated because of the small population but compared to BC where I grew up NS seems quite densely populated. There is some crown land that people hunt on, but not much suitable where people go camping (meaning wilderness backpacking). This is one of the reasons why NS has so many public rifle ranges. The provincial laws don't allow for target shooting on crown land. If you're in the bush with a firearm it better be calibre appropriate for whatever is in season and you'd better have the correct tag or whatever too, otherwise the laws have you guilty of poaching until proven innocent.
    Pew pew pew

Going camping this weekend.

Real camping in the woods, no lame camp ground.

Practically Covid-free in backwards NB, suck it!
    I have no signature block.

My annual canoe trip is next weekend.
    So far the forecast calls for rain...
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12