Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Debacle: Federal Wage Subsidy Plan Descends Into Confusion & Chaos

Debacle: Federal Wage Subsidy Plan Descends Into Confusion & Chaos

SpencerFernandoMarch 31, 2020

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2020...nfusion-chaos/

Finance Minister Bill Morneau had planned a press conference to announce the measures. It was postponed, with serious doubts emerging over how it will actually work.

Many business across Canada felt very hopeful when the government announced an upcoming wage subsidy program, to help offset some of the economic destruction being caused by the CCP Coronavirus.

Yet, the program has descended into confusion and chaos.

As noted by Conservative Finance Critic Pierre Poilievre, the plan appears to not be legal, and will require substantial changes to address the confusion:

“1/3 Parliament will need to be recalled to salvage the government’s wage subsidy promise. Trudeau’s announcement is not legal under the law his government wrote last week. Morneau probably just realized that and that’s why he suddenly cancelled his press conference.”

“2/3 Trudeau said a company must have lost 30% of revenue to qualify for the wage subsidy. That is not in the law his government wrote. Trudeau said “all employers” will get help.”

“3/3 But public companies–which are among the largest employers in Canada–are not eligible under the law his government wrote. Trudeau also said employers that cannot afford to pay 25% of the wage will still get the 75% subsidy. That is not in the law his government wrote.”

So, the Liberal government yet again seems to be slow to act, and even good things they’ve announced are being botched.

Amid such a large crisis, Canada can not afford incompetence and delays.

Spencer Fernando
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Lolololol

The Turd's Team of Truculent Tits can't even figure out how to hand out free money.

Seriously, the couldn't organise a bush party.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

3. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By Rory McCanuck

Camo tung (03-31-2020), ESnel (03-31-2020), firemachine69 (03-31-2020), infidel29 (03-31-2020), kennymo (03-31-2020), M1917 Enfield (03-31-2020), Smc (03-31-2020), stewbud (04-01-2020)

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    why even try to do something like this,,,,

just top up the EI funds and extend the times and make sure everyone layed off gets EI

we are officerly in BARZO world
    CSSA

5. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Billythreefeathers

Camo tung (03-31-2020), firemachine69 (03-31-2020), Smc (03-31-2020)

This would be funny if it wasn’t going to cost more money and negatively affect those that really need it. Such as single moms of small children who are struggling already, without throwing in the stress of a virus afflicting their kids.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Communication. They should try it amongst themselves sometime. I wasnt hopeful about this and Im still not. Christ, they havent been able to pay THEIR OWN employees properly for years now because of that f-ed up phoenix pay system of theirs. How does anybody expect them to roll out a program thats 1000x more complex in almost zero time. I'll be surprised if employers who arent liberal-connected see a dime in under 6 months, and even then, Juan's Convience Store will probably get 10 million and Suncor will get 50 bucks.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

chrisc (04-01-2020), infidel29 (03-31-2020)

I gotta agree with billy, if you're operating and not able to pay employees... why are you operating?
    I know, the employees will likely be paid more from employees then from EI, but I wonder if SNL or whoever those guys are will be the first in line for some discount labourers.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

This is the government that botched selling dope! Why would "giving" away our money be any different?
    Remember May 1, 2020 when they say: "we don't want your guns."
    The Turd Reich, where the law abiding get moistly shafted!

11. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By Magi

blacksmithden (03-31-2020), FALover (04-02-2020), LB303 (03-31-2020), no-one special (03-31-2020), Relic49 (04-01-2020), Rory McCanuck (03-31-2020), spider69 (04-01-2020), t_glover (04-01-2020)

I'm going to look into this some more, but don't the OIC spending measures let them do something else as long as it's on top of/ separate from any other measures already passed?
    Remember High River!

Pierre Polivierre is having a grand old time skewering the government over this announcement.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

14. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

LB303 (04-01-2020), Rory McCanuck (03-31-2020), Swingerguy (03-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Pierre Polivierre is having a grand old time skewering the government over this announcement.
    I love that guy, he has a way with words when he is throwing crap at the libs.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

16. The Following User Liked This Post By Swingerguy

Rory McCanuck (03-31-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast