Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Assaulted while out walking my dog last week in Labrador City

Is this the anti "canadiangunnutz forum" forum?

i just posted about my experience restraining myself from physical violence as a pal owner there this morning and some immediately flagrant posts and biased moderation seems to have got my threat moved to a scum forum where people just swear and disrespect each other.

Jist of it is that i was moved from Mississauga to Labrador City for work and promoted twice before the company got injections of investor capital i guess they wanted to keep me away from and i got hosed.

in efforts to get me to leave town it seems they took on the trolling services of some local thugs and intimidation and harrasment has escilated to the point that out on a walk last week a guy i dont even know said stuff like "you're a piece of shit" and "we are going to take care of your dog when you are dead"

he then proceeded to assault me and i didnt retaliate, actually ran home to call 911 and he chased me where i had no choice but to confront him and choked him out within frame of my home surveilance system.

i have an account of the matter at www.twitter.com/vonsmak and further video from a handheld camera from initially encountering the asailant in police hands.

the local authorities, RNC have laid charges but i think he was released the same night and what i really am posting about is i'm trying to contact rcmp to warn them there is a very likely hunter/gun owner here that is probably not the candidate to be holding such tackle.

anyone have luck reaching 1-800-731-4000 lately? its just saying call back during business hours for me all day long.

I doubt you are going to get through to the firearms center right now. If the police did their job properly they would already know if he has a firearms license and likely acted on it. Even if they didn't the CFO should automatically pick up on the assault charge since we are all screened daily.
    Lifetime Member PAPRC, SHA
    Member NFA, NRA, SRAC, FMFG, SFC

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    I doubt you are going to get through to the firearms center right now. If the police did their job properly they would already know if he has a firearms license and likely acted on it. Even if they didn't the CFO should automatically pick up on the assault charge since we are all screened daily.
    yeah i can not say the violence has been escilating unchecked, but its escilating and 1 of a slew of charges seem to be picked out and the violence continues so i just want to follow up if i can.

some have been reporting on the other forum that they got through recently but i am getting that they are simply closed all day and yesterday hung up on after holding for 1/2h.

Quote Originally Posted by smak View Post
    Is this the anti "canadiangunnutz forum" forum?
    No.

There seems to be a very strong corelation between people bragging about getting banned from there and their names going pink here shortly thereafter.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

5. The Following 16 Users Like This Post By Rory McCanuck

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Aniest (04-01-2020), Billythreefeathers (04-01-2020), Boomer686 (04-02-2020), Camo tung (04-01-2020), chuckbuster (04-01-2020), Dewey Cox (04-01-2020), FlyingHigh (04-01-2020), greywolf67nt (04-20-2020), JustBen (04-01-2020), lone-wolf (04-01-2020), Oatmeal Savage (04-02-2020), R&R Rancher (04-01-2020), Stew (04-01-2020), stewbud (04-01-2020), Turtlehead (04-02-2020), Waynetheman (04-01-2020)

"Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

7. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By GTW

Camo tung (04-01-2020), ESnel (04-01-2020), firemachine69 (04-01-2020), hawk-i (04-01-2020), Rory McCanuck (04-01-2020)

"the local authorities, RNC have laid charges but i think he was released the same night and what i really am posting about is i'm trying to contact rcmp to warn them there is a very likely hunter/gun owner here that is probably not the candidate to be holding such tackle."

How did you make the leap to this conclusion? I'm not interested in a long "he said, she said" tale of woe from a single perspective.

If you're here to stir up shit, don't. Pack your drama back into your tickle trunk and keep on walking.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

9. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

Boomer686 (04-02-2020), hawk-i (04-01-2020), Rory McCanuck (04-01-2020), Stew (04-01-2020), Strangeday (04-01-2020)

Ohhhh, a conspiracy with intrigue and local thugs all designed to shave some dude out of venture capital money...seems legit and probable....I'll look for details at the grocery store in the check out line
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

11. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Strangeday

Camo tung (04-01-2020), coastal (04-01-2020), Oatmeal Savage (04-02-2020), Rory McCanuck (04-01-2020), Turtlehead (04-02-2020)

First and foremost: it sounds like you have been put into a very rough situation, and it seems like you are doing your best to resolve it lawfully. Please continue to do so. I would also enact any Legal Insurance(s) you might have as well as retain a lawyer. That is sound advice anyone here on GOC would give. Be sure to make family aware of the situation and have them report any suspicious activity to law enforcement, and maybe have them include your case/reference number if possible (my opinion only, but if it seems like the same people it would put everything into one file for a better case against them).

As for calling the CFO on them, let the police do that: the number is for a spousal concern or someone you can give a name and address to only, as I know it, because they know anything reported to police is already on file.

Lastly, internet advice has as much value as you pay for it. Kindly remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by smak View Post
    Is this the anti "canadiangunnutz forum" forum?... some immediately flagrant posts and biased moderation seems to have got my threat moved to a scum forum where people just swear and disrespect each other.
    No, actually. This forum is not anti-CGN at all, or really has any positive/negative opinion on it as a whole, on or off the record (ignoring a huge range of each member's opinion).

However, against the probable advice of the moderators, I will say as my personal opinion that this forum is where strongly opinionated enthusiasts come to discuss, learn and/or debate like respectful humans, often meaning that they have "escaped" from what you describe at CGN. As noted, those that have "upset the apple cart" or been "the bad apple" at CGN repeatedly, excluding those that got fed up with some CGN members, are usually set in their ways and often find themselves in the same position here.

You should find disputes peter out here on GOC quickly and respectfully. Thus, discuss, learn and debate with us. Oh, and vent a bit if you need, just remember that on this topic we are on a public forum where what you type can be used against you in a court of law without anyone's want other than the lawyer(s) and courts.
    "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause..."

13. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Aniest

FlyingHigh (04-01-2020), JustBen (04-01-2020), Rory McCanuck (04-01-2020), Stew (04-01-2020)

wow thanks Aniest for recognizing my situation and giving a mature and helpful reply.

i was worried it would be the same old hat for a moment.

i have no problem transcribing events as they happened, the truth sets you free.

p.s. suspicion the asailant is a gun owner, this is the sticks, everyone hunts here.. i would say the majority? he seems to fit the description.

i dont get involved enough with any social gatherings for a "he said/she said"

i literally got accosted by someone that i dont at all know.
    Last edited by smak; 04-01-2020 at 05:24 PM.

First of all, even if you were a great guy and had the best personality in the world, when you move to the east coast from "the mainland", you are a COME FROM AWAY. No one can fix that, until they have proven themselves to be a part of the community, to have no agenda brought from your baggage and personal history, no criminal record or perversions, no cult religion, bankruptcy and con man background, etc., etc. You have to understand how any COME FROM AWAY is treated before you can even interpret what is happening on a good day. People on the east coast have a history of insular view. They (east coasters) are OK, but no one else can be, because who's your father anyway?

Secondly, you took it upon yourself to be the community snitch, in broad daylight, where people are having some fun with their expensive toys in some powder snow. What did you expect? An award?

We obviously can know very little about the full story, but it seems you're set up for a clash the way you go about things.

16. The Following User Liked This Post By labradort

Boomer686 (04-02-2020)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast