Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Northshore View Post
    If I may suggest if you are going to send in your renewal application via snail mail send it with signature required. You then get a tracking number and can tell when they receive your application and because you can prove that they accepted your application they tend to process it pretty darn quick.

I sent mine signature required right around Christmas time last year and got my new card about three and a half weeks later. I think it was around 8 or 9 dollars for the signature required postage.
    CYA!
    Take a kid fishing, hunting and/or shooting.

I renewed online last fall. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks later I had my new card.

If I may suggest if you are going to send in your renewal application via snail mail send it with signature required. You then get a tracking number and can tell when they receive your application and because you can prove that they accepted your application they tend to process it pretty darn quick.
    During COVID, paper applications are being piled not processed.
    If you send them a cheque, when your bank shows the cheque is cashed that's a bit of a milestone.

On-line is faster, and has obvious tracking provided online.

I am going to try online this time but i will have to get help as me the the fvcking computer do not have a very good working relationship.In fact the computer does not know how close it is to a long a painful death.

Take your time. It’s pretty straight forward. If you are renewing an RPAL, once you’ve submitted your application, make a PDF of your range membership and email it in cross referencing to your application number.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

I sent mine signature required right around Christmas time last year and got my new card about three and a half weeks later. I think it was around 8 or 9 dollars for the signature required postage.
    Great advice

I had a few visits from police since I got my pal. Once I was reported for shooting at children at a campground. I had a permit to Kill or scare Canada geese and the permit was set to expire but the geese were still present. It was a bit of an unfortunate situation but some children did witness me shooting several canada geese. I at no time ever shot toward the area where the children were. Of course outraged parents lied and said gunshot at kids but the police came in force but left shortly after I showed them my permit and explained where I shot. Even the conservation officer that was notified told me it's always challenging culling wildlife.

Next incident a guy with a vicious pitbull that previously attacked me and another guy and his dog kicked my car and punched my windows when I stopped to aid assistance to an elderly lady who was limping after an encounter with the same pitbull. The owner ran to my car and screamed and kicked and punched my car. I got out and ran up to him and was ready to fight but the pussy just dared me to hit him. He ran home and called the cops. The original pitbull attack untold him I was going to shoot his dog as it was out of control and trying to get at me from inside my house. I explained to the cop what happened but it was like I was on trial. He mentioned these incidents could jeopardize my pal renewal.

Can these incidents stop me from getting a pal renewed ?

They better not unless you were convicted of a crime. If they do, you should take them to court.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKE_SKULL View Post
    I had a few visits from police since I got my pal. Once I was reported for shooting at children at a campground. I had a permit to Kill or scare Canada geese and the permit was set to expire but the geese were still present. It was a bit of an unfortunate situation but some children did witness me shooting several canada geese. I at no time ever shot toward the area where the children were. Of course outraged parents lied and said gunshot at kids but the police came in force but left shortly after I showed them my permit and explained where I shot. Even the conservation officer that was notified told me it's always challenging culling wildlife.

Next incident a guy with a vicious pitbull that previously attacked me and another guy and his dog kicked my car and punched my windows when I stopped to aid assistance to an elderly lady who was limping after an encounter with the same pitbull. The owner ran to my car and screamed and kicked and punched my car. I got out and ran up to him and was ready to fight but the pussy just dared me to hit him. He ran home and called the cops. The original pitbull attack untold him I was going to shoot his dog as it was out of control and trying to get at me from inside my house. I explained to the cop what happened but it was like I was on trial. He mentioned these incidents could jeopardize my pal renewal.

Can these incidents stop me from getting a pal renewed ?
    Any way you could get copies of the police incident reports? That might come in handy if you run into any issues.
    Wexit Canada member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12