Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPC membership

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore View Post
    Renewed my membership the other day. Now looking forward to some debate on here about which leadership candidate has the best chance of winning and is willing to go to bat for us firearm owners.
    https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...tarts-Up-Again
    Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times [#uc# you CCP!]

Already got my membership on Wednesday. Researched my candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore View Post
    Renewed my membership the other day. Now looking forward to some debate on here about which leadership candidate has the best chance of winning and is willing to go to bat for us firearm owners.
    It's not just the candidate you have to worry about, it's the party itself.

No party is obligated to enact it's own policies, and imo will not do so if they sense that could be a risk to them.

Bearhunter at the other site refers often to the "Inner Circle" who are the ones who really decide what the party will or will not act upon.

So for me the question is: is the inner circle going to take any risks on behalf of gun owners, or will they continue to throw out pixie dust and minor tinkering around the real problem, which is the Firearms Act itself.

And if they say they'll actually repeal/replace the Act, can you trust them to do so?

Step one is winning the next election.
    Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times [#uc# you CCP!]

5. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

FlyingHigh (05-16-2020), Gunexpert007 (06-01-2020), hawk-i (06-01-2020), kennymo (06-01-2020), Northshore (05-16-2020), RangeBob (05-16-2020), SIR VEYOR (05-17-2020)

I'm renewed. Looking forward to the leadership race, then the real work begins. Today it looks up hill for at least the first stretch.

Been a member 20 years since I retired and was permitted to join a political party been a supporter forever.

"We always need to be ready to protect our progress, especially with the Conservative Party officially relaunching their leadership race. As Conservatives like Peter MacKay and Erin O’Toole ramp up their campaigns, they’ve also been clear that they want to continue with the same policies of Andrew Scheer and Stephen Harper – whether by weakening gun control, reversing our action to fight climate change, or cutting back services that Canadians rely on.

In October, Canadians elected Justin Trudeau and the Liberal team with a mandate to invest in our middle class, fight climate change, and keep Canadians safe, and even if we can’t gather in person right now, we need to keep working together to build a better future.

In the last 10 weeks alone, our Liberal volunteers and organizers have made calls to more than 90,000 Canadians from coast to coast to coast. That included our first-ever Virtual Weekend of Action, with more than 700 volunteers taking part from their homes in more than 200 communities – and we’ll be stepping up that hope and hard work even more in the weeks ahead.

Everything we achieve together keep Canada moving forward depends on grassroots support from Canadians like you, 3MTA3, and while not everyone’s in a position to give right now, we are always deeply grateful for your dedication and involvement."

Wonder what I can do to help?
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Nothing says grassroots like mansions in the Laurentian Hills, luxury vintage vehicles, vacation homes southern France, island retreats in the Caribbean and offshore shell companies.

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by stevebc View Post
    It's not just the candidate you have to worry about, it's the party itself.

No party is obligated to enact it's own policies, and imo will not do so if they sense that could be a risk to them.

Bearhunter at the other site refers often to the "Inner Circle" who are the ones who really decide what the party will or will not act upon.

So for me the question is: is the inner circle going to take any risks on behalf of gun owners, or will they continue to throw out pixie dust and minor tinkering around the real problem, which is the Firearms Act itself.

And if they say they'll actually repeal/replace the Act, can you trust them to do so?
    Q: What’s the best predictor of future behaviour?
    A: past behaviour aka track record

Ask yourselves ... have we been here before (déjà vu)?
    Last edited by Gunrunner; 06-04-2020 at 12:00 AM.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Gunrunner

stevebc (06-04-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12