Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Hydraulic driven deep v groove pulley makes quick work of crab or lobster traps.
    That was quick. I hope it was profitable and enjoyable. We all have to diversify in our careers to make a go of it. I want to be out on the ocean but I am stuck in the center of the province of BC. 28 lakes and only fished 7.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

2. The Following User Liked This Post By tigrr

lone-wolf (07-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    How do you pull the traps? Is it by hand or do you have a winch of some sort?
    Are the traps in a string? Or individual?
    For our boat, there's a hauler(like tigrr describes) that brings the traps up and the person running it boats the traps by hand, other people use a winch or boom to help boat the traps - less work for the guy who has to do it.
    272 traps in total, spread out on 45 sets, 6 Traps to a set except for a couple with 7. If the ground you're fishing has more spotty rock, you can find people fishing individual or double trap sets. That's because if they had 6 trap sets, the couple traps off the rock would be full of crab or empty. To maximize their effectiveness, they need fewer traps on a set spread out over more ground.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

Aniest (07-04-2020), Swingerguy (07-04-2020)

What the heck is going on with the lobster fishery?
    "If I could time travel I would go back to 1971 and slip Pierre Trudeau a condom!" From: This hour has 22 minutes

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Swingerguy

Camo tung (10-17-2020)

What the heck is going on with the lobster fishery?
    Our first nation friends have started an out of season fishery and are landing small and egg bearing females which has a "few" professional fishers upset. For 21 years the feds have ignored the issue and have done nothing. The feds failure to act has allowed the fires to smolder. Those smoldering embers have now become fires which are blowing up into fierce battles. It's going to get worse imho.
    Gun control is supported by an illogical minority, which holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Curly1

Camo tung (10-17-2020), lone-wolf (10-17-2020), Swingerguy (10-17-2020)

Stewards of the land.
    "If I could time travel I would go back to 1971 and slip Pierre Trudeau a condom!" From: This hour has 22 minutes

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Swingerguy

Camo tung (10-17-2020), Curly1 (10-17-2020), play.soccer (10-20-2020)

Bladesmith
    Stewards of the land.
    Really good fairy tale, isn't it. A lobster pound burned last night, could be the beginning of an ulgy time. Someone is going to get hurt if this mess continues

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Brad

Curly1 (10-17-2020), play.soccer (10-20-2020), Swingerguy (10-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Really good fairy tale, isn't it. A lobster pound burned last night, could be the beginning of an ulgy time. Someone is going to get hurt if this mess continues
    Looks like somebody has ended up in hospital already, I fear there will be many more.
    Gun control is supported by an illogical minority, which holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

14. The Following User Liked This Post By Curly1

play.soccer (10-20-2020)

My apprentice and his brother just headed out for Nova Scotia to work a lobster boat (Which I think is hilarious- how many east coasters are they going to meet on the highway driving to Alberta for work?)
    I think their mother is a little worried about them.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    My apprentice and his brother just headed out for Nova Scotia to work a lobster boat (Which I think is hilarious- how many east coasters are they going to meet on the highway driving to Alberta for work?)
    I think their mother is a little worried about them.
    If they stay away from the drugs they'll be fine and make good bank. The sou west nova fall/winter fishery is infamous for drugs.

Billy Blair has already came out on the side of the natives, likely knowing as much about fishing as he does guns.

The injured person from the fire is suspected for the fire. Be curious if he's a upset local fisherman, a native looking to bellow the flames, or a friend of the plant owner.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

17. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

Camo tung (10-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    If they stay away from the drugs they'll be fine and make good bank. The sou west nova fall/winter fishery is infamous for drugs.

Billy Blair has already came out on the side of the natives, likely knowing as much about fishing as he does guns.

The injured person from the fire is suspected for the fire. Be curious if he's a upset local fisherman, a native looking to bellow the flames, or a friend of the plant owner.
    They're good boys.
    They will get into less trouble than I would have...

They'll show you east coasters how its done
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

19. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

lone-wolf (10-17-2020)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast