View Poll Results: Do you hunt with a “Tactical” style shotgun?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

13 50.00%
  • No, but I plan to within the next 2 years.

2 7.69%
  • No.

11 42.31%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On CGN, a farmer mentioned that he often traveled with an unloaded shotgun in the truck, and it was faster to get out of the truck and load and shoot at a predator using a magazine fed shotgun.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Aniest (05-18-2020)

I know at least two people that hunt with them, and one of them has shot a bunch of geese with one. Not my cup of tea, but I like seeing other hunters get bent out of shape.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Grimlock

Smc (05-18-2020)

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    #2. Hunting may take on a whole different term in the future.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

6. The Following User Liked This Post By FALover

Tonsper (05-18-2020)

I find a pistol grip is the best angle to manage the recoil of any cartridge, especially shotguns.

The SKS doesn't have much recoil, but that wrist angle is terrible.

I'd put a pistol grip on practically everything I could, shy of a lever because it would ruin the look.
    I have no signature block.

For a short gun, they are pretty nice to shoot with 3" magnum goose loads. I've never tried wing shooting with one, but I guess you could learn...and a couple friends have.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post
    Having a pistol grip makes shooting a 12 gauge a whole lot easier especially with 3 inch magnums on my shoulder at my age.
    What a lot of people are not realizing is that pistol grips, specifically those that can be swapped for other designs, are great for people with arthritis, tendonitis, tennis elbow, carpel tunnel syndrome, and even shoulder issues: it changes the grip angle and recoil distribution, something customizable by changing the grip.

I have to modify what CLW.45 says to : "Black" rifles and shotguns add inclusiveness and are more suitable for those with disabilities & health issues, minor or otherwise. Prohibiting these for use by those with disabilities is discrimination.
    "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause..."

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I find a pistol grip is the best angle to manage the recoil of any cartridge, especially shotguns.

The SKS doesn't have much recoil, but that wrist angle is terrible.

I'd put a pistol grip on practically everything I could, shy of a lever because it would ruin the look.
    All my “work horse” hunting guns have pistol grips. On a sunny afternoon hunt, I’ll take just about anything out of the safe, but if I’m out for a full day in the snow and rain, I love my work horses.

Ine of the biggest benefits is not shooting them, but carrying them. I’m tall enough that carry them by the pistol grip and still have a foot of clearance between the muzzle and the ground. Another method of “ready” carrying makes a huge difference on the shoulder muscles after a week of still hunting.
    “You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.” - Cormac McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I know at least two people that hunt with them, and one of them has shot a bunch of geese with one. Not my cup of tea, but I like seeing other hunters get bent out of shape.
    What’s your goose hunter friend using to aim/point?
    “You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.” - Cormac McCarthy

I took my Derya MK-12 out duck hunting last year.

It was windy and the ducks never came close.

I hear it is a great Turkey gun.

I especially like the boxer magazine. Makes it easy to switch between BB and #2 for Goose and Ducks.
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

13. The Following User Liked This Post By linung

Aniest (05-18-2020)

Traditional firearms do look pretty, but I would put a pistol grip and inline stock on anything and everything I can. Any caliber, and purpose.

Much more comfortable, easier follow up shots, much more practical.

It would be interesting to see if it's faster to load a magazine than to throw a shell I the ejection port of the tube fed for predator control.

Although box magazines are way easier to load and unload than the tube for sure. Ammo changes would be a snap too.

I don't hunt with the shotgun, and I don't intend to, but if I did, it would be a benelli m4
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps – each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12