Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh View Post
    I have a Lowe 1240 jon boat. 12ft long, 40" bottom width, 56" beam, rated for 10hp, weighs under 110lbs. It's one of the most popular stillwater fly fishing boats in BC. I can throw it up on my truck racks by myself and two people can stand and fly cast comfortably out of it.
    Any pics? I too am interested in a jon boat that one person can manhandle. I have the option of a 9.8 Merc (Thanks BSD) or a 30-ish pound thrust Minnkota off my fly fishing pontoon depending on the lake. You find the bottom stiff enough on the Lowe's?
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Any pics? I too am interested in a jon boat that one person can manhandle. I have the option of a 9.8 Merc (Thanks BSD) or a 30-ish pound thrust Minnkota off my fly fishing pontoon depending on the lake. You find the bottom stiff enough on the Lowe's?
    The bottom is as stiff as any aluminum car top boat I've ever used. No issues there. I do recommend installing seat brackets though. The benches are really low in these boats.

I run a 55lb thrust Minn Kota. 30lb would probably work, but may be a bit underpowered if the wind kicks up. No biggie if you have the gas outboard as your main though.

I ended up building a flat floor with styrofoam and matting, which added maybe 8 pounds. Super common mod for people who own these and flyfish. Then I built a removeable casting deck from plywood to span the front two benches. A set of clip on wheels on the transom make life super easy when it comes to loading and launching. They pop off so you don't have wheels getting in the way when you're on the water.

First pic is after I finished installing the quick release seat mounts, floor and casting deck. You can see one of the wheels too. Second pic is the boat on my truck, the wheels are on the tailgate and you can see where they clip to the boat on the transom. The brackets are just to the sides of the grab handles.

I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

3. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By FlyingHigh

Camo tung (05-27-2020), firemachine69 (05-28-2020), Stew (05-27-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12