Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone in Edmonton have an OBD2 Scanner?

Car popped a code today, and I want to know what it is. Timing couldn't be worse, since there's a possibility I'll be trading it in in the next week if the stars align just so.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

Some parts stores have one you can use. Princess auto and CT sell cheap ones. Some work over smartphones (with a Bluetooth dongle)

Don't really want to spend $80+ to get one right away for a 1 time use, and amazon is still dragging ass on shipping.

Yes, I looked around and considered my options.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

I know it doesn’t help you right this second, but Princess Auto blows out their el cheapo basic model a few times a year. I got one for $30. It’s not fancy, but being able to yoink a code and shut that damn light off is a sweet ability to have. I keep it in the glovebox.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I know it doesn’t help you right this second, but Princess Auto blows out their el cheapo basic model a few times a year. I got one for $30. It’s not fancy, but being able to yoink a code and shut that damn light off is a sweet ability to have. I keep it in the glovebox.
    If they were that cheap right now, I'd already be on it and not asking around to see if anyone has one they'd let me use for 5 minutes. I'm not stupid... just cheap and a bit lazy

Well, find the parts stores where you can pull the code in the lot. Auto source is one I think. And lots of smaller garages have a low fee (9r free).

What do they cost at princess auto right now, regular price?
    It can't be much.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Cheapest one is $80. Some ASOT type liquidator up the block from the west-end PA has some Amazon specials for $15 and up. Gonna check 'em out tomorrow. I swear my phone is eavesdropping on me.

Buy this for $16.

https://www.amazon.ca/OBD2-OBDII-Blu...s%2C465&sr=8-9

Install the Torque app on your phone. The free version works, the Pro version is better and only $10.

$26 and you have a code reader. It's a great system for cheap.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    Cheapest one is $80. Some ASOT type liquidator up the block from the west-end PA has some Amazon specials for $15 and up. Gonna check 'em out tomorrow. I swear my phone is eavesdropping on me.

Princess Auto has a bluetooth variant that pops up in their "surplus" section frequently, around twenty bucks. You connect to it with your smartphone.
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast