Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    What's the standard recoil spring weight? For just factory ball.
    The pistol is intended for a friend.
    Lucky friend!!

For 230 gr, it seems that 16 lb has been the standard. (from what I can find); lighter bullets at higher velocities work as well. I assume mine is pretty well a standard spring, and 200 lower velocity bullets seem to work just fine (230 copper plate do too).

Running 230gr gr cast round nose over 5gr of 231 using chip m mags with zero issues in my ss 1911 norinco
    Gun control is supported by an illogical minority, which holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Interesting post. When I bought this rig 8 maybe 9 yrs ago and unpacked this Chicom unit, I thought what a POS. I guess i got lucky, couple K rounds later (albeit all hardball) without any failures and pleasingly accurate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following User Liked This Post By 2012Cvoguy

MarkR (05-27-2020)

By memory 15 or 16 lbs
    And as always, have a nice day!

I found the OEM mags very gritty. Picked up some Kim-Pro and E-Lander mags that work smoothly.

Kimber, plated w/extended baseplate. Elander, nicely park'd w/plated follower.
    Or is it black nitride? Feels slicker in the hand than the plated ones.

Even with all the polishing I did to the feed ramp, I still think the biggest issue is ogive.

bottom to top: Hornady 185gr FTX; S&B 230gr FMJ; Norinco 230gr FMJ; Wolf 230gr TMJ
    The Wolf was some jam-dandy ammo. Pulled a few like the one pictured due to compression.
    I finally shot all of it, won't buy it again.
    Also tried X-Metal 230gr poly coated, not pictured 'cause I shot em all without issue.
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

I had a 9mm norc 1911 that shot fine years ago, I had a norc m305 that shot fine, I had a norc jw105 that blew up into pieces, and this 45 1911 that hates me.
    I'm 50/50 for working norcs

I'll do the plunk test this weekend with some factory stuff. Once my ipsc wannabe 1911 arrives in the mail I'll throw my ruger's recoil spring(noticeably heavier) into the norc as well. Probably not this sunday but June's first Sunday before more live fire with it.
    The few rounds that came out of the barrel last weekend did shoot where I intended at least.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Norinco's are great guns for Canadians. Since they'll never have to trust their life on an EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I'm 50/50 for working norcs
    That makes it easy to justify a Remington or Ruger I guess, just based on price alone, not to mention country of origin.
    There's a point at which I have to draw the line though... as Wolver says, edc is a pipe dream here.
    I used to lust after a Kimber, because they're pretty- but have read as many complaints about them as any other.
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau

I'm gonna make another powder & primer order, gonna throw some 200gr Missouri bullet company 200gr LSWC on the order too.

Unrelated, probably some 308win peterson brass too for my hunting rifle.(don't shoot it often, might as well get it some good stuff)
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

11. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

MarkR (05-28-2020)

I've stuck with 230gr cast round nose with good success. I use 18lb springs, for no good reason other than to balance out the reduced power mainsprings I usually put in.

I've all sorts of mags from generic milspec to something with some guys name on it, and only Remington OEM ones gave me grief. Dlask 8 rounders work well and are reasonable, as are Mecgar and Metalform.

How's the extractor tension on the thing? When you say stovepipe I think ejection, not feed. I might have misunderstood.

Just some random thoughts. We all know the chinese guns are a crapshoot, making "works for me" answers equally apocryphal.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast