Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
    Public has $15 or $25 plans for lighter users - $25 is unlimited calls and international texts but you also get $1 off for each referral and $2 off for autopay and $1 off for each year you are a customer do I for instance pay 25-2-2-2 = $19/month. Unlimited talk, international text and they occasionally throw bonuses your way, so I am sitting on 10GB of data.
    I f you want to use me as a referral code is xxxxyyyxx , just joking as I am sure not allowed here. NO that is NOT a valid code.

For a second there I thought there was a new gender being invented right here on GOC!

Bump for another option that some people I know have tried out.

https://silent.link/

I haven't tried it myself. I'll see if I can get one of them to give me some feedback to report here.

Oh and this isn't an endorsement nor is it a show of support for the Hollywood moron who's been self-promoting quite a bit over the last little while with his foray into tech and sports. I'm just showing that it's a well known fact that Canada overpays for cell service. Look at the banner at the top of this page.

https://mintmobile.ca/

The silent link data prices aren’t that good. $10-15/gig?

Yea, I see that now. Definitely no good for monthly plans or other long-term use. I think these are for throw-away number and anonymity use cases.

Public appears to have some Black Friday promos for those who are interested.

https://www.publicmobile.ca

Nobody made any of you buy a cell phone. Nobody made me buy a flip-phone, either, but I bought one for emergency use only, ie, the truck breaks down on the way to Kamloops. That's it's only function.

I made it through 63 years without a cell phone, until I bought the one mentioned above. If the entire cell net collapsed permanently, I likely wouldn't even notice.
    "We know they are lying. They know they are lying. They know that we know they are lying. We know that they know that we know they are lying.

And still they continue to lie." - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

You would notice. Remember the Rogers outage? While not the cell network specifically, cell service is used for far more than people might think. If you're a recluse or if you have a lifestyle that doesn't any technology whatsoever (you're on the Internet right now, remember), then maybe you wouldn't notice.
    Last edited by awndray; 11-23-2022 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Removed dick-ish comment

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345