A place to see... A place to go.... Ontary-ary-ary-ohhhh

Battle of Moscow Movie on PRIME

For all you Amazon Prime members... Just an FYI for a Russian Movie that I thought was quite well done!

Its also known as “Panfilov’s 28 Men”. Its a kind of Soviet Private Ryan movie in a way as its very gritty and tries to be authentic.

I don’t think I have ever seen more authentic Mosin Nagants, SVT-40’s, Ppsh’s or Maxim guns in action before. Oh, a couple of recently prohibited Anti-Tank Rifles too! Haha

I have noticed there is TON of Russian movies and TV on Prime. Its obvious that Putin must be pushing his Russian media firms to pump out as much Patriotic/ History Revisionist type “feel good” propaganda type entertainment as possible. But I have to admit that some of these are actually quite well done with great attention to detail.

A couple others to maybe try are “T-34” ... and “Tankers” which is really unique because the main story revolves around a KV-1 crew and I dont recall ever seeing a KV-1 depicted in a film before.

Last edited by Canada_Phil; 05-27-2020 at 08:20 PM.
    -------

The ECHO CHAMBER is filled with High School Drop Outs who think “Instagram” is when they tell their crack dealers to hurry up and “Tik Tok” is a sound that the watch they have never owned makes.

Here is another one... “The Dawns Here Are Quiet”

This one is not a movie but a 6 Episode TV mini-series.

Another really unique story about a sergeant in charge of a little backwater post that is only defended by mostly green FEMALE Anti-Aircraft Battery crews. They end up in the fight of their lives when hardened S.S. paratroopers are dropped nearby on a commando mission.

This was way better than I expected and it held my interest right to the end.

The first Episode is a bit slow as it builds the backstories of the main characters but by the final scene of Ep. 1, IT’S ON!
    -------

The ECHO CHAMBER is filled with High School Drop Outs who think “Instagram” is when they tell their crack dealers to hurry up and “Tik Tok” is a sound that the watch they have never owned makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Phil View Post

Here is another one... “The Dawns Here Are Quiet”

This one is not a movie but a 6 Episode TV mini-series.

Another really unique story about a sergeant in charge of a little backwater post that is only defended by mostly green FEMALE Anti-Aircraft Battery crews. They end up in the fight of their lives when hardened S.S. paratroopers are dropped nearby on a commando mission.

This was way better than I expected and it held my interest right to the end.

The first Episode is a bit slow as it builds the backstories of the main characters but by the final scene of Ep. 1, IT’S ON!
    Sounds interesting. I'm guessing it's entirely fictional though, as I am not aware of any German parachute operations in the Soviet Union, or of any Waffen SS paratroopers outside of the battalion used in Yugoslavia.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

Like everything in Russian propaganda dressed up as action entertainment they take artistic license with all of it in order to craft a “WE ARE THE BEST” kind of narrative. No different than Hollywood did/does from the US perspective I suppose.

However, the first one (Paniflovs 28) is supposedly based on a real unit, but who knows.

Well here is another... “ 9th Company” This one tells an Afghanistan War story from the late 80’s. Without being too Spoilerish is kinda like a Soviet Alamo, so not many happy outcomes at all.

Amazon PRIME is just full of Russian stuff.
    -------

Heh... "Battle For Moscow"...

Here's an interesting map, "Countries that celebrate independence from Poland":

countries-that-celebrate-independence-from-poland-only-russia.jpg

Unity Day (День народного единства Den narodnogo edinstva) was first celebrated on November 4, 2005, commemorates the popular uprising led by Kuzma Minin and Dmitry Pozharsky which ejected the Polish invaders from Moscow in November 1612...
    I wonder how the Russians will feel to watch the movie Katyń?
    Last edited by joe6167; 05-30-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

Quote Originally Posted by joe6167 View Post
    All I could think of when I saw that was this:

Know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin command here.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Edward Teach

joe6167 (05-29-2020)

I came across Panfilov’s 28 Men on youtube and quite liked it. Another one for the gear nut would be Tankers. It revolves around the issues of a KV-1 crew. I guess it would be the Russian analogue to Fury.

Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets