Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I was at the range last week-end and didn't realize the blackfly season began already.

No bug spray with me, but did discover yet another use for WD 40.

Aren't you on the base that is essential the mosquito breeding ground for the east coast? One night my bug net settled on my lips and the bastards bit me through it - I woke up looking like Angelina Jolie (just my lips). I hate that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I have found many types of 100% deet stuff available for sale in Canada, so if it's illegal, most retailers don't know or care.

It does cause some light blistering if you have it on your skin too long day after day, though, but it's worth it. I'd drink the stuff if it helped keep them away.

The only time I ever had a problem was one night in the field it was so bad that I completely closed myself up in my sleeping bag to get away from them, but I woke up puking my guts out from breathing the 100% deet for a couple hours with no ventilation. Still worth it.

I bought a case of 97% deet Muskol years ago when I was told they were not going to sell it at that percentage any longer.

I still have two bottles left, I usually can get by with a spray can of around 30% deet but when the buggers are really bad the 97% stuff comes out.

I bathe in Off. I was outside today doing some shooting and the buggers were on me like stink on shyte. Didn't help that it started raining. Whereaboots in Ontario is ye from?
    if someone drives by and you're in your underwear, beating a porcupine to death and laughing hysterically, it might be bad for business.

Never shot mosquitoes but “house flies” at 100m are fair game. Buddy was spotting for me and scoffed when he seen my “target” fly off and teased “missed that one” ... to which I replied ... “not trying for head shots any more ... that one will never reproduce again”

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 260 Rem

Kodiakjack (05-29-2020), Turtlehead (05-30-2020)

The bugs can get pretty bad my way this time of year as well. I give myself a once over with some OFF if they get particularly horrendous; but I'll admit it can be quite trying at times to zero a rifle while you're being lifted off the bench.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

Deep Woods Off

I remember seeing it in Shoppers.

suppose to keep bugs and mosquito off of you.
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Got my first mosquito bite today. They seem fairly tame this year. Ticks have been a bigger problem, but I don’t seem to have recruited any from the farm today.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Got my first mosquito bite today. They seem fairly tame this year. Ticks have been a bigger problem, but I don’t seem to have recruited any from the farm today.
    When did ticks first reach your area? They've got one heck of a winter to endure.

Can't recall if the product I used was Deep Woods Off or another product with DEET as an ingredient but it not only kept the nuisance bugs away it also melted the plastic face (crystal) of my Timex Ironman watch.
    Maybe keep your hands off the parts of your bows etc that are transfer dipped.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast