Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiakjack View Post
    I forgot about the five-seven too... Never shot one before. Less recoil than a 9mm?
    A lot less recoil actually, but the grips and length of pull tends to be on the larger size because both the Ruger 57 and FN FiveSeven were designed for double stack double feed 20 round magazines.
    "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause..."

9 mm out of a steel gun is way tamer than out of tupperware. You can also reload way down, especially if you want to mess with springs. Steel challenge loads. A S&W 52 would be good, but they haven't been made in decades. Better muffs may make her think there is less recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    9 mm out of a steel gun is way tamer than out of tupperware. You can also reload way down, especially if you want to mess with springs. Steel challenge loads. A S&W 52 would be good, but they haven't been made in decades. Better muffs may make her think there is less recoil.
    Very true; a Jerich all steel would be about as heavy as they come. My 9mm, a Nork NZ85B, I only used for PPC, I load it light, and while it functions great, my ammo will not run in a S & W M & P pistol, or a Kel Tec 9mm PCC.

How about a revolver in .38, light home loads? I also have a Ruger GP100 with a 4.2" barrel. I have not fired anything but light target homeloads in it since I bought it new. Love it!!

my all steel CZ 75 is easier to control than my S&W SD9VE with poly lower but might not be best for tiny persons who aren't fond of revolvers. For stateside there are options, Kel Tec would be my personal choice for 30 round capability but RIA makes a 1911 worth looking at

https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/xt-.../xt-22-magnum/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123