Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In 1994, Liberal MP Allan Rock toured the country gathering suggestions about gun control.
    The NFA's "Practical Firearms Control System PFCS" might have been ok, if used as specified without additions.
    Allan Rock used EVERY idea for RESTRICTION, and ignored every other idea.
    The ATT (authorization to transport) had been around in various incarnations for decades, and had existed primarily to ensure that handgun owners kept notifying police of their current address, but when licencing came about and failure to update your change of address became a criminal code offence the need for ATT evaporated, but we still have it.

Since then the rule has been : don't give Liberals instructions on what else to ban on a public forum.

2. The Following 11 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Aniest (06-07-2020), Attilathecanuk (06-12-2020), awndray (06-07-2020), Big-Boss-Man (06-06-2020), CLW .45 (06-07-2020), Curly1 (10-06-2020), firemachine69 (06-07-2020), Gunexpert007 (06-06-2020), Magi (06-06-2020), Purdom234 (06-07-2020), Swingerguy (06-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post

Since then the rule has been : don't give Liberals instructions on what else to ban on a public forum.
    thus the reason the first reply was the "mosin spacegat"

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Big-Boss-Man

Billythreefeathers (07-14-2020)

Instead of looking for alternatives (they intend to ban those too, they said that) join the fight. Join one or several gun rights orgs. Donate to one or several of the legal challenges.
    Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times [#uc# you CCP!]

6. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

Aniest (06-07-2020), awndray (06-07-2020), LB303 (10-06-2020), Magi (06-07-2020), Smc (06-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 5abiGabru View Post
    What are some fire arms you like with a similar tactical look/feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Instead of looking for alternatives (they intend to ban those too, they said that) join the fight.
    I can state as my opinion, of which I believe is true, that whatever "tactical style" firearm you would like to buy that is not banned now will be banned shortly. The Liberals are on a power trip to stay elected so the only thing they are doing to perpetuate equality is how equal they are violating and discriminating against all Canadians. You would be much better off to buy a SKS and ammo to the amount equal to an AR so you can practice and become a better shooter (that's where I started), then whatever you would spend on "tacticool gidgets" (like optics, grips, lights, etc) for the AR donate it! The CCFR (https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/) or or the John Hipwell court challenge (https://www.gofundme.com/f/judicial-...-amp-ed-burlew) are two good ones.

This way you get a feel for a self-reloading rifle, get lots of trigger time from cheap surplus ammo and will hopefully have the opportunity to buy that AR platform rifle & join into a caring, inclusive, non-discriminating sport with that rifle.

Good luck.
    "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause..."

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Aniest

5abiGabru (06-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunexpert007 View Post
    Kind of a strange question from someone who who only joined this month , and this is your second post ?
    Not today Gravel Road Cops, not today.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    I can state as my opinion, of which I believe is true, that whatever "tactical style" firearm you would like to buy that is not banned now will be banned shortly. The Liberals are on a power trip to stay elected so the only thing they are doing to perpetuate equality is how equal they are violating and discriminating against all Canadians. You would be much better off to buy a SKS and ammo to the amount equal to an AR so you can practice and become a better shooter (that's where I started), then whatever you would spend on "tacticool gidgets" (like optics, grips, lights, etc) for the AR donate it! The CCFR (https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/) or or the John Hipwell court challenge (https://www.gofundme.com/f/judicial-...-amp-ed-burlew) are two good ones.

This way you get a feel for a self-reloading rifle, get lots of trigger time from cheap surplus ammo and will hopefully have the opportunity to buy that AR platform rifle & join into a caring, inclusive, non-discriminating sport with that rifle.

Good luck.
    I appreciate the advice and am definitely signing any petitions and doing my part to try to reverse this ban. Will definitely show my dissatisfaction in the ballet box.I live on a pretty large farm and the sks was the first gun I bought to shoot in the back. Got a 1000 rounds of non corrosive ammo been shooting that for a while. Just recently bought a bolt action .308 rifle to dial in my marksmanship but i shot my buddys AR a while back and it just gave me gun envy lol. Wanted one similar.

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 5abiGabru

Aniest (06-12-2020), Doug_M (06-12-2020)

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5abiGabru View Post
    I am new into the gun world got my PAL not too long ago and wanted to get the AR. Now Since Trudeau banned the AR and majority of the other fun fire arms. What are some fire arms you like with a similar tactical look/feel. I want to get something non restricted so I can shoot on my property but restricted is ok too.
    Appreciate any suggestions.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle ,,, they have a web site,,, not cheap,,, but quality

I am wondering what you settled on after so many months.

14. The Following User Liked This Post By Big-Boss-Man

Billythreefeathers (10-11-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12