Thread: 3/4 Scope...?

3/4 Scope...?

New shooter here trying to get my cooey model 60 fitted with a scope. Got an old 3/4" side mount, weaver N5, and looking for a scope to fit. Not a serious hunter, just want to get it up and running for target. Looks like the 3/4 configuration is long obsolete and the local gun shop wasn't impressed. If I eventually get into serious hunting I'll get into the 1" scope format... But before I do, my question is this: Can you recommend a good 3/4 scope? Is it possible to find something decent? At the moment I have a $20 Tasco scope but I can tell there is much to be desired. So, what if anything can you recommend, and if so, is this something that can be found without too much trouble?
    Attached Images Attached Images

should be able to get a Weaver side mount with 1" rings, I believe the short/high model is correct

nor sure if any one still makes a 3/4 anymore, a used one would be only thing available, get a 1" sidemount, fairly inexpensive and any scope you get will transfer to any gun you have/get

My savage 4c had a 3/4" side scope, you're pretty much stuck with whatever you can find.
    It's been so long, I vaguely recall a 1" side mount wouldn't sit anywhere close to over the bore.
    But it's been quite a while and ymmv
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

I know Barska, Tasco, Simmons, Redfield, Lyman Alaskan and a rare few others made one or two models each: I have no clue what would still be in production and I am throwing out names in hopes that helps.

Doing a fast Google search it seems Tasco may make a version still: h ttps://www.adorama.com/tasrf37x20d.html and h ttps://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009746859

And Barska has a couple of versions: ht tps://www.opticsplanet.com/barska-rimfire-rifle-scopes-3-7x20-w-rings.html

Best of luck.
    "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause..."

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Aniest

Stew (06-07-2020)

Was that rifle ever fitted for iron sights?
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

If you’re referring to the original factory installed metal sights then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by cooey67 View Post
    If you’re referring to the original factory installed metal sights then yes.

If I were in your position, I'd be tempted to pull off that cheapo scope and just use irons. Not much selection in the 3/4" range, as you've found out, especially not quality names.

If vision permits, of course.
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    If I were in your position, I'd be tempted to pull off that cheapo scope and just use irons. Not much selection in the 3/4" range, as you've found out, especially not quality names.

If vision permits, of course.
    I like your advice, thanks!