Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    Yes I understand but, 7000 grains to a pound of powder / 22.1 = 316 rounds per pound or $0.11 per round + $0.35 per bullet + $0.06 per primer + brass (varies widely) Winchester brass at $0.50 a piece. It all adds up to just over a buck a round. Yes, yes, I know the cost of equipment and my time. The equipment will last for years (brass gets several firings too btw) and if I didn't have a hobby to keep me occupied lord knows what kind of trouble would find me (I don't go looking for it it just finds me lol). Then, as a farmer I can not deduct my time in any way come tax time - in the eyes of the govt. my time is worthless so I can't count it here either. I am actually saving a ton of money not just in ammo cost but the savings in not going to the bars is astronomical! With what I've saved in a bar tab this year already I should be able to buy another rifle or better yet a top end scope for one of my varmint guns
    bars, kinda miss them, haven't been for couple years now, was saving for a precision rifle of some sort when... alternator/battery for the car, then washing machine, then dryer, then variable cam mechanism and timing belt for car, then fridge, then starter for car, then water heater, all in 2 years, finally trans went, if I had that money both my safes would be overflowing. I thought the price was quite good for box of centerfire

all that on OAS makes life a little difficult

Well, I've been inspired to continue to consider a .222. I usually end up with the guns I want. Odd, eh?

I think I will go to the range with my .22-250 this week.

Thanks to Kennymo for his expertise and wisdom.

And thanks to all you pro .222 guys for talking me into looking for another piece.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Waterloomike

Rory McCanuck (06-15-2020), Stew (06-15-2020)

I considered a 222 years ago but ended up w a 6BR instead. Accurate rifles are good fun and just so easy to deal with. Mine is mostly a varmint rifle and has gone through several transitions since I bought it but it has been a consistently accurate rifle that is easy to load for.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    Well, I've been inspired to continue to consider a .222. I usually end up with the guns I want. Odd, eh?

I think I will go to the range with my .22-250 this week.

Thanks to Kennymo for his expertise and wisdom.

And thanks to all you pro .222 guys for talking me into looking for another piece.
    All I said was you wouldn’t be able to buy ammo in one of these, lol....

2D36C68E-EE4B-4737-BD37-AACA3880496C.jpeg
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Waterloomike (Yesterday)

"...ammo in one of these..." Don't buy ammo, of any kind, in bulk until you have tried a box out of your rifle.
    "I want one!" is a reason. If you want a .222, buy one, but do the Walmart test first. The cartridge won lots of BR matches in the 50's. Probably a reloader's thing now. Brass and ammo won't be everywhere. Orderable from your local shop though.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    "...ammo in one of these..." Don't buy ammo, of any kind, in bulk until you have tried a box out of your rifle.
    "I want one!" is a reason. If you want a .222, buy one, but do the Walmart test first. The cartridge won lots of BR matches in the 50's. Probably a reloader's thing now. Brass and ammo won't be everywhere. Orderable from your local shop though.
    Ammo, brass, etc., no problem.

Nothing new so far.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234