Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That chart shows the average prices, but doesn't tell you about the stock that wasn't sold at any price.
    A lot of people aren't getting a dollar.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by wolver View Post
    I'd like to see a price sheet from the early seventies. Them were the good ol' days!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    With a price index change for inflation and such so you see what one would be worth today in current money...
    Quote Originally Posted by wolver View Post
    Not so, the fur market crashed 'cause of political correctness, or lack of it.
    No, what I mean is that in 1970 if you got $200.00 CAD for a coyote pelt, according to a Canadian inflation calculator, it would be worth $1,347.78 CAD today in equivalent buying power. The calculator is using statistics of inflation, dollar buying power, minimum & average wages and average product costs to figure this out.

Or, in other words, if Coyote pelts were sold at $200 in 1970 and retained that value today, you could trade one for a decent Leupold scope today.

I just don't know what the peak historical coyote pelt value has been to use the calculator on that amount.
    "So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause..."

No, what I mean is that in 1970 if you got $200.00 CAD for a coyote pelt, according to a Canadian inflation calculator, it would be worth $1,347.78 CAD today in equivalent buying power. The calculator is using statistics of inflation, dollar buying power, minimum & average wages and average product costs to figure this out.

Or, in other words, if Coyote pelts were sold at $200 in 1970 and retained that value today, you could trade one for a decent Leupold scope today.

I just don't know what the peak historical coyote pelt value has been to use the calculator on that amount.
    I don't take stock in that kind of rithmatic.

Fact check it with the popular economic comparisons, 1lb bacon and 1 Big Mac. It’ll help filter out some of the hyperbole

I miss the $0.99 Big Mac.
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

6. The Following User Liked This Post By linung

cowboy01 (06-29-2020)

Fur prices today are brutal. Spent quite a bit of time in my youth with the dying rabbit squealer in white painter coveralls and a .22 Hornet Brno, made some decent mad money for a kid.
    These ass sucking prices and the Wife and me attended a trade convention in downtown Edmonton and went to the HBC furrier in the flagship location, 11K for a full length beaver pelt coat ;-) Really! Fu*K Your Hat!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123