Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JAY HILL: Why I left the Conservatives for Wexit- Western Standard

https://www.westernstandardonline.co...ves-for-wexit/

As I reflect on the past week of numerous interviews and feedback I’ve received since accepting the role of Interim Leader of Wexit Canada, I can’t help but recall the shock and disappointment some friends, acquaintances and former colleagues have expressed with my decision.

Yet anyone who has read my newspaper editorials and social media posts over the past three years could have easily predicted my evolution regarding Western independence.

Western Canada is increasingly suffering from the “tyranny of the majority”, with little consideration for the economic wellbeing of people west of Ontario.

When asked by reporters, journalists and political show hosts what motivated me to “become a traitor to my country”, the simple answer is the most truthful. My grandchildren. At 67 years of age and comfortably retired, I have become increasingly concerned about my children’s and grandchildren’s future. I do not want to look into my grandkids eyes on my deathbed knowing I could have tried to do something to give them a brighter future, but chose not to.

Canadian’s face runaway debt levels at both the federal and provincial levels, equalization payments that are anything but fair to the provinces that generate the largest revenue from our natural resources, a Constitution that ensures the power and influence will remain in Quebec and Ontario, and a Prime Minister that has shown a lack of respect for the west at every opportunity.

In addition, our federal government allowed widespread and unchallenged protests across our nation, blockading railroads and highways and creating untold job loss and economic hardship.

When over 100,000 Western Canadians working in the energy sector lost their jobs, there was little reaction from the federal government. But when Quebec’s Bombardier threatened to layoff 1,500 employees in Quebec and Ontario, our Liberal government quickly signed a soul-sourced contract for $105 million for two new Challenger jets to transport the PM and his Cabinet.

This weak minority government is being propped up by the NDP that cannot afford an early election call. Despite the Conservative’s best efforts to thwart the suspension of Parliament for months on end, they were simply outnumbered.

Justin Trudeau promised us “small annual deficits” of no more than $10 billion, and that the debt-to-GDP ratio would never increase. Instead, his government produced debt accumulation twice his promise even before the Chinese COVID-19 virus was allowed access. Canada’s debt is now approaching $1 trillion and our credit rating has been downgraded due to the Liberals’ incompetence. Who will pay for this irresponsible stewardship of Canada’s finances? Our kids, grandkids, and future generations.

When asked if the turning point for me was Justin Trudeau’s re-election last October, and what I consider to be his continued destruction of Western Canada, my answer was an unequivocal yes.

When asked why I don’t continue to support the federal Conservatives to win the next election, my answer is “because on all the important issues that constitute respect, fairness and equality for Western Canada, I believe they will fail”. East of Manitoba there are 231 Members of Parliament, versus 107 MPs from the West and Northern Territories. The disparity in the Senate is even worse: 78 in the East vs 27 Western Senators.

Any sitting prime minister and cabinet – regardless of party affiliation – will inevitably attempt to appease voters in Central Canada if they want to remain in power. That is how it is and shall remain, until Confederation is amended or the West secedes.

Throw into the mix that many people in the Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa triangle do not understand, appreciate, or respect the contribution Western Canada makes to the country, and do not care to. Election after election the West hopes for change, but like the definition of insanity – doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different outcome, nothing ever changes. It is time for us to lead the change!

If you can relate to these challenges but still see the opportunity for a better future for Western Canada, I urge you to purchase a membership at and work together with us to create the change our children and grandchildren deserve.

Jay Hill is the Interim Leader of Wexit Canada
    Wexit Canada member

2. The Following 10 Users Like This Post By stevebc

Aniest (06-29-2020), coastal (06-30-2020), FALover (06-29-2020), firemachine69 (06-29-2020), Hidyn (07-03-2020), Lee Enfield (06-29-2020), oilman28 (06-29-2020), Soph (06-29-2020), Swingerguy (06-29-2020), Tonsper (06-30-2020)

"Any sitting prime minister and cabinet – regardless of party affiliation – will inevitably attempt to appease voters in Central Canada if they want to remain in power. That is how it is and shall remain, until Confederation is amended or the West secedes."

Spot on. It always has been this way, and always will be this way. A vote for the CPC by an Albertan is a vote in support of Central Canadian parasitism upon the west. It is no more complicated than that.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Soph

stevebc (06-30-2020)

I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal

6. The Following 9 Users Like This Post By M1917 Enfield

Big-Boss-Man (06-29-2020), FALover (06-29-2020), firemachine69 (06-29-2020), Hidyn (07-03-2020), Lee Enfield (06-29-2020), Soph (06-29-2020), Suputin (06-30-2020), Swingerguy (06-29-2020), Tonsper (06-30-2020)

parts of Manitoba would like to come too i think.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Big-Boss-Man

Lee Enfield (06-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Boss-Man View Post
    parts of Manitoba would like to come too i think.
    Come or not, it’s not like they actually leave their province anyways...

Make sure you save me a spot!!!
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    Make sure you save me a spot!!!
    Sorry, no holds. Anyone who wants in better get packing and get out here to help us make the change. If we don’t get the numbers during a referendum, it all becomes a mute point.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Swingerguy

M1917 Enfield (06-30-2020)

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    I have a Fort Mac address that I can use for any future votes.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

14. The Following User Liked This Post By FALover

Swingerguy (06-30-2020)

I have investment property in Alberta. Suddenly it has value to me in a whole other way.

Status Card holders have been positioned to prevent this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast