Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Senior Member RangeBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    47,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    "My life matters" If someone has a problem with that to bad.
    There was a television commercial the other day that said "All Lives Matter is offensive, because until Black Lives Matter, All Lives won't."

  2. #12
    Pirate King Edward Teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Here be dragons
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    There was a television commercial the other day that said "All Lives Matter is offensive, because until Black Lives Matter, All Lives won't."
    Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! - Isaiah 5:20

    I may have said this before, but it is my contention that actually MOST lives DON'T matter!

    You want YOUR life to matter? First act like it matters to you!
    Then act in a way that demonstrates that your life ought to matter to God, your family, your friends, the people who come in contact with you.

    Stand up straight, look people in the eye, shake their hands, speak truth, act with moral integrity...then people will start to believe that you might count for something. Learn a skill. Give an honest day's work. Be a good parent to your children, treat your parents with respect. Be a friend and mentor to others in your circle who need help.

    Here's a hint: Rioting, burning, looting, stealing, doing drugs, cranking out kids and not looking after them, squatting in a squalid tent city are activities that show the world that your life doesn't matter. In fact it might cause people to conclude that the world would be a better place if you weren't in it.

    Oh and If you must engage in some sort of sexual deviancy, for crying out loud SHUT UP ABOUT IT! NOBODY CARES! Don't make us care! I guarantee you won't like what happens if you force us to.

    So why should I care about George Floyd when it appears to me that he didn't care about himself? Otherwise he would have acted differently. Not getting addicted to drugs, not engaging in petty crime and not fighting with the cops. The same goes for the Wendy's drive-through drunk. These people are showing the world that they really aren't worth all that much...why should I disagree with them?
    Know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin command here.

  3. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Edward Teach

    Billythreefeathers (08-02-2020), Camo tung (08-03-2020), firemachine69 (08-02-2020), M1917 Enfield (08-02-2020)

  4. #13
    Senior Member Steve MKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    So why should I care about George Floyd when it appears to me that he didn't care about himself?
    Because everyone is entitled to the presumption of innocence (and yes I know he was a career criminal) regardless of previous convictions or stupid lifestyle choices. Only a jury of his peers gets to decide his fate. If a cop acts outside of their lawful authority, they should be held to account the same as a citizen should be when he breaks the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    not fighting with the cops.
    There seems to be a few common themes among these officer involved deaths:

    1) Aside from a few cases, they were all justifiable homicides (And the ones that weren't, the cop ended up in prison for murder). George Floyd's death doesn't appear to be justifiable, but that's for the jury to decide.

    2) The suspect was resisting arrest or attempting to cause harm to the officer at the time he was killed in most or all of these scenarios. Even in the cases where it wasn't justifiable homicide, resisting arrest seems to be a factor leading up to their death.

    3) BLM politicizes it and pretends it's because of racist police in order to divide us along racial lines and further their Marxist agenda

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bantario
    Posts
    3,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    Because everyone is entitled to the presumption of innocence (and yes I know he was a career criminal) regardless of previous convictions or stupid lifestyle choices. Only a jury of his peers gets to decide his fate. If a cop acts outside of their lawful authority, they should be held to account the same as a citizen should be when he breaks the law.



    There seems to be a few common themes among these officer involved deaths:

    1) Aside from a few cases, they were all justifiable homicides (And the ones that weren't, the cop ended up in prison for murder). George Floyd's death doesn't appear to be justifiable, but that's for the jury to decide.

    2) The suspect was resisting arrest or attempting to cause harm to the officer at the time he was killed in most or all of these scenarios. Even in the cases where it wasn't justifiable homicide, resisting arrest seems to be a factor leading up to their death.

    3) BLM politicizes it and pretends it's because of racist police in order to divide us along racial lines and further their Marxist agenda



    The evidence points that he was actually choking before he was even on the ground. Meth and another illicit junk does stuff to the body. Whodda thunk?
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

  6. #15
    Senior Member snoopycda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    217
    No, only white people can be racist You're obviously a bigot.

    My Spidy senses are detecting sarcasm....

    Wasn't if often historically justified as the spoils of war?

    Yes, most of the time it was the reason wars were fought back then.

    Too bad leftists don't agree.

    These people cant decide what gender they belong to.

    That's not racism.

    The definition of racism is changing to fit their narrative. They believe it is racism therefore it is.

    You know who told me the most racist jokes? My Korean friend (well he was adopted at birth through the US and raised here but still). We often called each other derogatory terms because as you say it was all in good fun. I have another friend who is an Indian immigrant, I jokingly tell him to get the f*ck out of my country, he usually calls me a honky or white trash. Of course he is EXACTLY the kind of immigrant I WANT here, Conservative, believes Western civilization is the greatest in history, believes in the family structure etc. I'd take a bullet for the guy.

    I agree totally with this approach. It is better to laugh about our differences than it is to fight about them.

    That's not what people mean when they say they are color blind. No one is denying your skin color as part of your identity and how it may have shaped your experiences, as different races often have unique cultures. What it means is we don't JUDGE you based on your skin color but rather on the content of your character. Like MLK Jr said back in '63, oh how I wish he was alive today, he would be APPALLED at what he would see. Maybe if he was alive today people would come to their senses and we could actually achieve his dream.[/QUOTE]

    As i said in my last response, the definition is changing. I as a white person cannot experience racism and I have "White Fragility" when accused of racism. They effectively shut down any white opinion simply because of my skin color. Yet they themselves cannot be racist because they are the oppressed. Make sense to you?

  7. #16
    Senior Member Steve MKII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopycda View Post
    My Spidy senses are detecting sarcasm....
    Your spidey senses serve you well.

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopycda View Post
    Yes, most of the time it was the reason wars were fought back then.
    Hmm not sure I'd agree it was the the only reason, but I digress...

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopycda View Post
    These people cant decide what gender they belong to.
    That's why they keep inventing new ones. Like trying on every pair of shoes in the store until you find one you like. Then when you get tired of that pair you get a new one.

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopycda View Post
    The definition of racism is changing to fit their narrative. They believe it is racism therefore it is.
    Well that's true. They keep redefining it so they can label everyone as racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopycda View Post
    I agree totally with this approach. It is better to laugh about our differences than it is to fight about them.
    Unfortunately leftists can't get over skin color.

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopycda View Post
    As i said in my last response, the definition is changing. I as a white person cannot experience racism and I have "White Fragility" when accused of racism. They effectively shut down any white opinion simply because of my skin color. Yet they themselves cannot be racist because they are the oppressed. Make sense to you?
    Shutting us down is all part of the divide and conquer tactic. It's not just us though. My aforementioned Indian friend has been called "racist against his own kind" because he's a conservative. The left has no interest in logic or debate so they have to shut us down. They asked my friend why he supported Trump, and when he went to explain they demanded a one sentence answer.

  8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Steve MKII

    firemachine69 (08-03-2020), M1917 Enfield (08-03-2020), snoopycda (08-03-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •