.17 HMR Boat Tail Bullets

Two questions regarding these .17 HMR Boat Tail Bullets :

1) Has anyone on this site had any hands on experience with these and if so, are they appreciably improved insofar as accuracy ?
    2) Where can they be purchased in Canada. I checked Cabela's from Vancouver to Winnipeg and could not find any.

Thanks for any help you can afford me.
    One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. History belongs to all of us - it is not ours to erase or modify, but for all of us to learn from !!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

barkerlakebob (07-30-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by barkerlakebob View Post
    Two questions regarding these .17 HMR Boat Tail Bullets :

1) Has anyone on this site had any hands on experience with these and if so, are they appreciably improved insofar as accuracy ?
    2) Where can they be purchased in Canada. I checked Cabela's from Vancouver to Winnipeg and could not find any.

Thanks for any help you can afford me.
    Boat tails are not intended to improve accuracy and in fact are demonstrably less accurate than a flat base projectile. That is why benchrest bullets are all flat based.

The point of a boat tail is to reduce drag and thus loss of velocity over longer ranges. Boat tails are a complete and utter waste of time in a short range cartridge like the 17HMR.

Stick to lightweight, flat base bullets in the 17HMR.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Suputin

barkerlakebob (07-31-2020)