Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Toy Tomorrow.... Swore Id Never Own a Glock.

And yet here I am a proud plasticky striker fired pistol kinda guy...... 9MM / .223 ammo is actually being rationed right now. 2 boxes per shipment for each customer and Victoria is small enough that they remember whos who on the purchases.....

Going to burn up some ammo Sunday nevertheless!

It would be in my grubby mitts right now but, even Texas has standards. We got back after lunch and I hustled over to my LGS to pick up my Glock 43. Well, everyone who thinks Texas is lax on firearms, not quite as much as one would think. Since my birthplace is outside the USA, I got tripped up on the firearms transfer paperwork when it was phoned in. Have TX property, a TX DL and a American SSN but did not think about the visa number. He put down N/A-and it got kicked back instantly.

Phoned it in when I got back and all is good now, Ill pick it up and a pile of ammo when they open, will be fun this weekend. We both want to be very proficient with it and are going to practice lots. Even when you sell you need to do the same thing, just tossing it to your buddy for cash doesnt cut it. Gets run in a traffic stop or used in a crime and you are up schiesse creek without a paddle as the last name on transfer paperwork......

829BF82C-73E7-49CF-A0CD-A54DF4AE07CB.jpg
    Last edited by 2012Cvoguy; 07-31-2020 at 11:51 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By 2012Cvoguy

Aniest (07-30-2020), ESnel (07-31-2020), firemachine69 (07-30-2020), Scotlas (07-30-2020)

How’s the ammo stock situation down there?
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by R&R Rancher View Post
    How’s the ammo stock situation down there?
    Getting skinny, see my edited original post.......

" 9MM / .223 ammo is actually being rationed right now. 2 boxes per shipment for each customer..."

Holy smokes , you won't get much range time with only 2 boxes of ammo when you are using a semi.....
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Is a box like a case or an actual individual box?
    #torontoexit

Cheaper than Dirt sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunexpert007 View Post
    " 9MM / .223 ammo is actually being rationed right now. 2 boxes per shipment for each customer..."

Holy smokes , you won't get much range time with only 2 boxes of ammo when you are using a semi.....
    Cmon Man, youre talking to a an old farm boy, Ive been salting away for months......

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Fenn View Post
    Is a box like a case or an actual individual box?
    Individual box, Youll see the Browning hardball comes in a box of 100 however....

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Cheaper than Dirt sold out?
    I dunno, Im stuck in small town Texas, I know I can run a little north to San Anton or east to Houston and grab more but it is weird. My LGS said he could sell so much stock if he could just get his hands on it.........

I lined the butts with a straight edge for the one shot, the flame thrower is about to be retired. The Wife is quite enamoured with the 43 in her hands so far. CCW courses to schedule now.....

F04D62A2-5298-42FF-8B16-469829511090.jpg75F84E98-18D4-4C67-A54C-CBC0097DFCC9.jpg

9. The Following User Liked This Post By 2012Cvoguy

SIR VEYOR (08-01-2020)

It’s a website. 3 box limit per brand right now looks like. order creatively.

The US does online better than Canada for most things firearms...

Just watch for slidebite with those bear paws.

I have MASSIVE, but skinny hands and ended up going G17 to get enough grip.

That wheel gun still has a lot of charm...sigh.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

Aniest (07-31-2020), SIR VEYOR (08-01-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast