Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    I was chatting with a not-a-conservative friend about this, and
    according to the news he's heard,
    Rittenhouse's friend was storing the firearm at his uncle's place who didn't know about it being there (both friend and uncle now in legal trouble), and
    Rittenhouse's friend tried to talk Rittenhouse out of carrying the firearm that night but Rittenhouse gets angry easily and flys off the handle if anyone ever says 'no' to him, and
    Rittenhouse did not tell his father where he was going that night because his father might have said 'no' about him going to a riot with an AR-15-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Rittenhouse's friend was storing the firearm at his uncle's place who didn't know about it being there (both friend and uncle now in legal trouble), and
    Rittenhouse's friend tried to talk Rittenhouse out of carrying the firearm that night but Rittenhouse gets angry easily and flys off the handle if anyone ever says 'no' to him, and
    Rittenhouse did not tell his father where he was going that night because his father might have said 'no' about him going to a riot with an AR-15-ish.
    Really doesn't seem like a "fly off the handle" kind of guy

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Mobusten

Rory McCanuck (11-22-2020)

So we're quoting gossip now?
    Maverick member

5. The Following User Liked This Post By stevebc

M1917 Enfield (11-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by stevebc View Post
    No, we are talking about public perception. Try to keep up.
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Gov’t couldn’t make sense if you gave them a recipe.

What a shame the two Queen’s Cowboys at the firehouse weren’t like this young fellow.

“Fly off the handle” my ass!
    Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.

All restrictions/prohibitions on the use, carriage, or possession of firearms must be repealed.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

Quote Originally Posted by stevebc View Post
    We have our bubble.
    My friend has a very different bubble.
    I am curious if any popular, probably Canadian, newspaper has said the same, and if anyone here had seen it. I didn't have time at the time to google for it. I'll do so now.

Dominick Black, 19, was charged with supplying a dangerous weapon to a minor
    Dominick Black, said he spent much of the night on the roof of the building, while Rittenhouse was on the ground, and was apprehensive about the 17-year-old carrying the rifle.
    'I don't know why … the whole time I'm thinking, 'he's not 18,' he told police. 'In my head, like, I could have stopped it. But I know if I would have told him 'no,' he would have threw a fit.'
    -- Nov 20 2020, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...shootings.html

-- CBC's picture. [nothing new at the link] https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kyle-r...bail-1.5810474

The "My Pillow" guy helped, I think I might have to buy one of his pillows now....
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver
    ** Member CSSA, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?

He was a trigger-happy white supremacist killer!

A 17-year-old from Illinois who is charged with killing two people during a protest in Wisconsin and whose case has become a rallying cry for some conservatives posted $2 million bail Friday and was released from custody.

Kyle Rittenhouse is accused of fatally shooting Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber and wounding Gaige Grosskreutz during a demonstration Aug. 25 that followed the police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha. He posted bond through his attorney at about 2 p.m., Kenosha County Sheriff’s Sgt. David Wright said.

Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, told police he was attacked while he was guarding a business and that he fired in self-defense.

Supporters of the Black Lives Matter movement have painted Rittenhouse as a trigger-happy white supremacist.

Conservatives upset over property destruction during recent protests have portrayed him as a patriot exercising his right to bear arms during unrest.

A legal defense fund for him has attracted millions of dollars in donations, and his mother got a standing ovation from women at a Waukesha County GOP function in September.

Huber’s father, John Huber, asked Kenosha County Circuit Court Commissioner Loren Keating during a hearing Nov. 2 to set Rittenhouse’s bail between $4 million and $10 million. Huber said Rittenhouse thinks he’s above the law and noted the effort to raise money on his behalf. He also suggested militia groups would hide him from police if he were released.

Hero

John Huber, the father of one of Kyle Rittenhouse's alleged victims during the Jacob Blake protests says his son heroically tried to stop Rittenhouse ... no matter what people like President Trump may think.

John Huber -- father of Anthony Huber -- appeared during a bond hearing for 17-year-old Rittenhouse Monday, and told the judge his son and others who confronted Rittenhouse that August 25 night were heroic in their actions.

Anthony Huber's dad points out his son was only armed with a skateboard and was trying to stop a trigger-happy white supremacist killer on the loose. He also slams the people responsible for giving Kyle a gun, along with those who claim he acted in self-defense.

In their statement, released by the Chicago law firm Loevy & Loevy, Huber's parents, John Huber and Karen Bloom said there was "absolutely no justification for his murder."

"He sacrificed his own life to protect innocent civilians who were out that night protesting the shooting of Jacob Blake," the statement says. "While we miss him dearly and wish none of this had happened, we are very proud of him. Without his incredible bravery, many others could have been killed or injured."

Rittenhouse’s attorney, Mark Richards, asked for $750,000 bail.

Keating ultimately set bail at $2 million, saying Rittenhouse was a flight risk given the seriousness of the charges against him.

YouTube Video about "hero" Anthony Huber, warning has some bad language from emotional girlfriend.

I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal

I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal