Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase. Hunting down just the right part to complete a project is what some folks find to be the best part of their build.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By FALover

Hidyn (10-04-2020), Stew (10-03-2020)

Great build, enjoy.

My friend who rebuilt countless told me originally few were matching as they were assembled from interchangeable parts. IIRC he said he thinks he saw 3 original builds with all matching parts.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Lee Enfield

FALover (10-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Squinty View Post
    I have two Winchester Garands. Quite frankly they are the worst Garands that were made. These rifles abound with toolmarks and you are better off with a Breda or a Beretta
    I build Bredas and Berettas all the time. I wanted the Winchester for the history. If I want to shoot, I use my H&R or my International Harvester.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Auto-man

FALover (10-03-2020), Stew (10-04-2020)

Well done!!

I'm normally ultra patient, and will research just about anything into oblivion before I even begin a project so that I know it inside and out.

However I find sourcing original parts for things that haven't been manufactured in a while INFURIATING.

If you can do it though, people like you prove you can wind up with some really pretty things!
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Hidyn

Camo tung (10-05-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12