View Poll Results: Are you joining the firearms march in Ottawa on Sept 12th?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll Be There

7 18.92%
  • Nope

28 75.68%
  • Maybe

2 5.41%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The list of lame excuses is piling up.

If they'd rather go and hide under the bed like scolded puppies that's their right.
    After all that strategy has worked so well for Canadian gun owners over the years.

If I didn't have the ambition or stones to attend I at the very least would not dissuade or in any way deter others from attending.

The world is run by those who show up.

Less than 35% from a supposedly pro-gun forum attending.
    We won't need to ask in 5 years why we lost our guns.
    Last edited by Gunrunner; 09-08-2020 at 03:35 PM.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

I would go if I didn't live several provinces away. If it was in October or November (my slow time at work) I would probably go.

I am not flying across this dump for that.

If you have to fly or drive for 15 hours to get there I think you're covered by legit can't make it.
    Hopefully we'll have some in other parts of the country as well some time soon.

How far will they travel to hand their guns in when the notice arrives from the RCMP CFP?
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Prancing around Parliament Hill in some sort of Gun Pride Parade doesn't qualify as "showing up."

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Two For Sure

awndray (09-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    Nobody in the building would care enough to even glance out a window anyway. The point is a show of solidarity within the community as well as an opportunity to engage some of the public about the issue. If we can't even muster that up, then our doomsday clock is at 11:59:59. If you can't make it for legit reasons that's one thing, but not bothering is kind of lame. I'm disappointed how many people will be shooting IPSC matches in Ontario on Saturday instead, massive irony.
    A show of solidarity? A show for who? There is nobody downtown. My office is downtown, and I don't bother. We all work from home. Restaurants are closed. There are no tourist attractions open, or events happening. There is nobody downtown to see this "show".

There is no public there to engage with. All this will do is, get a few cops working traffic control and a few people out getting some fresh air.

Show me the irony of people enjoying their sport, instead of chanting up and down a few blocks in an empty downtown core.

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By awndray

Billythreefeathers (09-09-2020), Waterloomike (09-09-2020)

Ontario Premier Doug Ford is calling on police to crack down on large gatherings, as he himself is facing some criticism for attending an MPP’s wedding. "We have to bring the hammer down.” Ford said now is not the time to host big gatherings. Under the province’s Stage Three reopening guidelines outdoor gatherings of up to 100 people are allowed.
    -- Sept 8 2020, https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/09/...bited-parties/

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    A show of solidarity? A show for who? There is nobody downtown. My office is downtown, and I don't bother. We all work from home. Restaurants are closed. There are no tourist attractions open, or events happening. There is nobody downtown to see this "show".

There is no public there to engage with. All this will do is, get a few cops working traffic control and a few people out getting some fresh air.

Show me the irony of people enjoying their sport, instead of chanting up and down a few blocks in an empty downtown core.
    I fear I must agree.

The rug of "catching attention" has been pulled from under our feet on this. It would seem a very hollow gesture at this point in time.

We must have an audience of some sort. What you're describing is not that.

We could easily be paving the road to hell with our genuinely good and just intentions.

I want to do this. I'm dying to go to Ottawa for a while. See some old friends.

But I just don't think it will fit well with being and claiming legitimately, that we are the most law abiding demographic in Canada.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Waterloomike

Swingerguy (09-10-2020), Two For Sure (09-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Relic49 View Post
    I really don't see what going there on a Saturday would do any good anyways.Wouldn't it be better if people showed up during the week at the MP of your area all on the same day across Canada?
    That is an excellent idea. Hard to coordinate, but, IMHO, very worthwhile, even with an Ottawa march.

Maybe we can see which of the weasels are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast