View Poll Results: Are you joining the firearms march in Ottawa on Sept 12th?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll Be There

7 18.92%
  • Nope

28 75.68%
  • Maybe

2 5.41%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Ontario Premier Doug Ford is calling on police to crack down on large gatherings, as he himself is facing some criticism for attending an MPP’s wedding. "We have to bring the hammer down.” Ford said now is not the time to host big gatherings. Under the province’s Stage Three reopening guidelines outdoor gatherings of up to 100 people are allowed.
    -- Sept 8 2020, https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/09/...bited-parties/
    Yet they think BLM riots are 100% OK!

Hope I don't get a ticket.
    ""Truth is treason in an empire of lies."." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    You sound like a broken record. And you have it completely wrong about those who aren't going. Our reasons are nothing like you describe. And our actions toward this whole mess are certainly nothing like you describe either. Perhaps you should take the time to read and understand what we're saying instead of grandstanding with your superiority complex.

I hope for your sake that you and Gunrunner find each other and are able to bask in what you perceive as glory. Good luck to you, but please stop pretending that you're going to change history.
    Im saving money to support the court challenge,,,

so you have AIR FAIR,, HOTEL,,, RENT a CAR,, GAS and GROCERS... lets round that off to $1000,,, and that's on the low side

wasted,,,

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Billythreefeathers

awndray (09-10-2020), Two For Sure (09-10-2020)

I’m on record saying I’m not going because I believe my dollars are better spent supporting as many legal challenges as I can including the CCFR, the one represented by Solomon Freeman and sanctioned by the NFA & CSSA, John Hipwell’s challenge and the Ontario Land Owners challenge. (side note, received a thank you from the CCFR, but nada from the NFA even though the amounts were the same). My personal belief is that this march will be as effective as the rolling camper “truth tour” performance in the last election by the CCFR, but I could be wrong.
    I won’t castigate or discourage those who attend, more power to them. I only hope when the anti MSM media including the CBC sticks a microphone and camera in the face of those who are there that we will be represented in a positive polite & professional manner. If the march generates positive publicity, then good on those attending. Be safe and stay safe at the march.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By GTW

awndray (09-10-2020), oilman28 (09-10-2020), stevebc (09-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    Have either of you got any self respect whatsoever?
    Enough self-respect and intelligence to know that prancing around Parliament Hill on a weekend is a waste of time and money. YMMV.

It's a nice place to meet on-line friends in real life, and commiserate about the lack of public toilets in Ottawa on the weekend (Don't throw out your empty water bottles?).
    Then drive 35 hours to home, maybe a bit more if you have to stay in Canada (e.g. Ottawa to Calgary the fastest route is through the USA).

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    I’m on record saying I’m not going because I believe my dollars are better spent supporting as many legal challenges as I can including the CCFR, the one represented by Solomon Freeman and sanctioned by the NFA & CSSA, John Hipwell’s challenge and the Ontario Land Owners challenge. (side note, received a thank you from the CCFR, but nada from the NFA even though the amounts were the same). My personal belief is that this march will be as effective as the rolling camper “truth tour” performance in the last election by the CCFR, but I could be wrong.
    I won’t castigate or discourage those who attend, more power to them. I only hope when the anti MSM media including the CBC sticks a microphone and camera in the face of those who are there that we will be represented in a positive polite & professional manner. If the march generates positive publicity, then good on those attending. Be safe and stay safe at the march.
    not a chance ,,,

CBC will be looking for Hillbilly Joe in full camo,,,

and ask him questions that have no answers,,,

edit tape

Head lines for several weeks

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    (side note, received a thank you from the CCFR, but nada from the NFA even though the amounts were the same)
    Ditto.

My personal belief is that this march will be as effective as the rolling camper “truth tour” performance in the last election by the CCFR, but I could be wrong.
    Agreed.

Well, y'all will be pleased to hear I threw my back out the other day. Doesn't look like I'll be going after all. Given the underwhelming response, I guess I can put the extra time to good use taking pictures of my guns and getting them in the marketplace.

Funny, my wife and I donated to the NFA case and both of us got thank yous.
    Maverick member

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast