Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Where the hell is THAT ? Those look like Cambodian Tire price tags on the shelves but theyre pretty fuzzy on my phone.
    To be fair. Some of those are old.
    Not that the situation is better....
    Local Cabelas has 'filler product' in the ammo cases so it doesn't look so bad.
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Where the hell is THAT ? Those look like Cambodian Tire price tags on the shelves but theyre pretty fuzzy on my phone.
    I just grabbed a bunch of recent low ammo stock pics off Google images, they basically could be from anywhere in NA at the moment as there was lots more of these similar pictures that show basically everywhere is low or out of ammo!

Has anybody tried to buy .303 British, 8mm Mauser or .45/70 to name just a few lately? I saw a lone box of .45/70 on the shelf at a Canadian gunshop recently and the asking price was $82.50 a box of 20 before tax!
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By M1917 Enfield

Gunexpert007 (04-14-2022)

Labradort - That BP has been like that since last Summer. They'd get a bit in and would be empty in a day or two. And Dr. Deals has sold ALL Ammo and only does guns by appt. He wants to sell the bldg and deal online only. CT in Dieppe quit guns 2-3 years ago and Moncton CT quit last Summer. TheM-CT has lower ammo prices than Dieppe, but very little stock at either.
    Wally in Dieppe quit ALL Guns & ammo 3-4 years ago and Wally in Moncton has None left, prob will quit too. Have to go to Mirimachi or F-ton or NS for ammo/guns now. There's a gun show coming to Salisbury NB May 14 - http s://www.gunpost.ca/services/gun-showsevents/moncton/salisbury-gun-show-14-may-2022. May be something there ???

Judging from waverley, don't expect too much ammo at the shows. People are taking today's prices and applying it to ammo they bought 30yrs ago, no deals except for some oddball cartridges.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    People are taking today's prices and applying it to ammo they bought 30yrs ago, no deals except for some oddball cartridges.
    I'm in the process of reorganizing all my ammo... I have factory loads I've stocked up on over the past 10 years I think I'll start selling at current market price in small amounts to stock up on primers, powder, and lead.

Replacement cost of cast lead .45 ACP reloads now is about $0.20 / round (assuming brass is "free").

I bought lots of factory 9mm (brass cased FMJ) 4-5 years ago for about $13 - 15 / box of 50. ($0.26 - $0.30 / round)

Current market price looks to be about $30 / box. ($0.60 / round... wow).
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

I was born a few days before 1984... but I never lived through it until 2022.

The price speculation in 2015 was pretty funny:

https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...t?goto=newpost

WARNING:

5700.necropost4kobf7.png
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

I was born a few days before 1984... but I never lived through it until 2022.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I just got back from Cambodian Tire. I made a point of checking out the ammo availability. Sorry for the crappy pictures. Eveything is locked up there. You can make out some stuff through the cage.

20220414_165515.jpg

20220414_165518.jpg

20220414_165640.jpg
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    More. Those CCI 22lr rounds are standard velocity, and the only 22lr I could see that they had in stock. The center of the last pic. 9 bucks for 50.
    This was at the Manning Cross Crappy Tire. Its the newest, and one of the biggest Crappy Tires in the city of Edmonton.
    20220414_165712.jpg

20220414_165736.jpg
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

The CT in New Glasgow, NS is a bit of a bright light in the CT darkness. The guy running the section even said he has flexibility on at least some of his retail prices. Nice layout and selection, especially by CT standards. Not as much plexiglass or steel rod shutters during business hours.

And I can buy booze, cigs, and ammo all in one store in NS. Doesn’t sound like they are going to add weed though. So trifecta, but no Yahtzee.

11. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By SIR VEYOR

blacksmithden (04-15-2022), GTW (04-15-2022), infidel29 (04-20-2022), lone-wolf (04-15-2022), Sabio (04-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    Has anybody tried to buy .303 British, 8mm Mauser or .45/70 to name just a few lately? I saw a lone box of .45/70 on the shelf at a Canadian gunshop recently and the asking price was $82.50 a box of 20 before tax!
    I'm always on the lookout for 303Br
    Cripes, even a box of projectiles is getting up there. If anyone has them, that is.
    Last trip to Wally in St. Jacobs there was some Fed blue box still rotting there at almost $50 a box.
    Their shelf has shrunk by half too. Just waiting for the day the manager decides to pull the plug.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast