Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    WINCHESTER - 7.62X39MM - 123 GR - SUPER X - POWER-POINT - 20CT - X76239

Price:$47.99
    There are alternatives out there
    https://www.gotenda.com/product/sell...int-box-of-20/

I could have had a nice-looking Russian laminate SKS for $200 not so long ago, but I decided that if I'm looking for 30-30 ballistics I'll stick with a lever gun.
    Last edited by LB303; 05-04-2022 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    No, it is not!
    I agree. This isn't ending for at least a couple more years and at that the prices won't be going down much if at all. I've got some powder listed on Townpost looking for trades of other powder that I am a little short on - not out just short (down to last couple of pounds or so). I've had a ton of response from guys looking to buy, willing to pay - name your price. I only want to trade for a couple of reasons. If I sell outright for an outrageous price (I don't want to be that guy) I will have to spend that or more to get what I am looking for, if I can find it. I use the stuff that I am offering up for trade. I can justify giving up one or two pounds of it for a bit of what I am short but it isn't like I no longer have a use for it. I don't want to be that guy selling 8 lb. jugs for $1000

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Grey_Wolf

M1917 Enfield (05-04-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    I don't want to be that guy selling 8 lb. jugs for $1000
    Not Yet.......
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

Quote Originally Posted by labradort View Post
    This is worse than the prior shortage on 22lr. At least then in Canada it was hard to find but no price gouging.
    There's no such thing as price gouging.

Just because I spent $15 in 2015 to buy a brick of .22, doesn't mean it's unethical for me to sell that same brick for $80 in 2022.

It wasn't easy going 7 years without shooting that brick. It's fair compensation for my effort and personal discipline... and if someone can find at present for cheaper, I'm not stopping them.
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

I was born a few days before 1984... but I never lived through it until 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    There are alternatives out there
    https://www.gotenda.com/product/sell...int-box-of-20/

I could have had a nice-looking Russian laminate SKS for $200 not so long ago, but I decided that if I'm looking for 30-30 ballistics I'll stick with a lever gun.
    I bought a couple of boxes of that S&B 7.62x39mm ammo for $14 a box about 3-4 years ago at SFRC and thought that was expensive when I could have bought similar but not reloadable Norinco ammo for $9.95 a box. Now it is $25 a box at Tenda.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

https://www.competitionchronicle.com...across-canada/

There are provincial laws against price gouging, but not federal. I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by labradort View Post
    https://www.competitionchronicle.com...across-canada/

There are provincial laws against price gouging, but not federal. I didn't know that.
    So if the current market price for ammo is 3x what I paid for it, it's not gouging for me to sell it at those prices.
    “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.” - Hippocrates

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    So if the current market price for ammo is 3x what I paid for it, it's not gouging for me to sell it at those prices.
    Nope. But what happens if its 4 or 5 times what you paid 3 months from now. You'll have missed out on the extra appreciation.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Nope. But what happens if its 4 or 5 times what you paid 3 months from now. You'll have missed out on the extra appreciation.
    That's why you gotta dollar cost average both when you buy and sell

My nearby Walmart got rid of the ammo cabinet.
    Unlucky me, I missed out.
    Across the way at Peavey - words fail me.

Luckily I have dies and enough primers & unfired brass to outlast me.
    Powder and pills are a different story, of course.
    "If we had a vote tomorrow I would vote, once again, to keep the Registry..." - Justin Trudeau
    "... if Canadians are to trust their government, their government needs to trust Canadians." - Justin Trudeau
    “The world still needs more Canada, it just needs less Justin Trudeau” ~ Erin O’Toole

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By LB303

Rory McCanuck (05-09-2022), Swingerguy (05-09-2022)