Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    I just got back down and got the call from my LGS that I was up for my 200rds, at least it is up from 100! .223/9mm/.45acp is still in such short supply, all on the honour system, down the phone list when a shipment arrives. You have 72hrs to pick up your order or on to the next person on the call list.... Got my 4 boxes of Sig Elite 9mm at .90 cents/rd, damn!

Just packing the place up in in Victoria as we sold and bought a nicer place in Tomball, possession in Jan and first order of business is a reloading bench down here.....

AEB8F6FC-1D42-402C-8247-FFBF8BA73287.jpg

2. The Following User Liked This Post By 2012Cvoguy

Dewey Cox (11-14-2020)

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post
    I just got back down and got the call from my LGS that I was up for my 200rds, at least it is up from 100! .223/9mm/.45acp is still in such short supply, all on the honour system, down the phone list when a shipment arrives. You have 72hrs to pick up your order or on to the next person on the call list.... Got my 4 boxes of Sig Elite 9mm at .90 cents/rd, damn!

Just packing the place up in in Victoria as we sold and bought a nicer place in Tomball, possession in Jan and first order of business is a reloading bench down here.....

AEB8F6FC-1D42-402C-8247-FFBF8BA73287.jpg
    They are that expensive because they make such pretty flowers after being fired.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

It's a mystery to me how hollow point handgun ammo appears for sale here as the restricted course said it was illegal to import it.

The backlog in orders doesn't mean gun owning customers like you and me have put in orders for $1 billion, but that the retail and distribution have put in a year of orders worth that. To see what that means, you'd need to compare it to another year. One article reported Vista's sales were up 29% "year over year".

Quote Originally Posted by labradort View Post
    It's a mystery to me how hollow point handgun ammo appears for sale here as the restricted course said it was illegal to import it.
    Whoever keeps telling these blatant lies should tarred and feathered.

6. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By JustBen

Camo tung (11-14-2020), Grimlock (11-19-2020), infidel29 (11-15-2020), kennymo (11-15-2020), Rory McCanuck (11-15-2020), stevebc (11-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by labradort View Post

The backlog in orders doesn't mean gun owning customers like you and me have put in orders for $1 billion, but that the retail and distribution have put in a year of orders worth that. To see what that means, you'd need to compare it to another year. One article reported Vista's sales were up 29% "year over year".
    I believe whoever was teaching your course had a misunderstanding of the regulation in regards to hollow points . As they say , just because someone is teaching a course does not mean that they always know what they are talking about . The NFA adds a little clarification to the matter .:Beer time

https://nfa.ca/2005/02/25/hollow-poi...ectly%20legal.

National Firearms Association

HOLLOW-POINT HANDGUN AMMUNITION
    LAWS GOVERNING THE IMPORT AND MANUFACTURE OF HOLLOW-POINT HANDGUN AMMUNITION

THIS AREA OF LAW IS EXOTIC, HOWEVER, THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES COME INTO PLAY WITH RESPECT TO THE POSSESSION AND USE OF HOLLOW-POINT HANDGUN AMMUNITION..

1) Importation of hollow-point handgun ammunition is governed by the Explosives Act.
    2) “Safety cartridges” (ammunition) come under the Act, but are generally exempt from almost all provisions.
    3) Many years ago, citing the Hague Convention (which only relates to bullets used by soldiers in war), some dolt in the Explosives Branch put a ban on the importation of “hollow-point handgun ammunition” in place, by classing each such cartridge as a “prohibited explosive.”
    4) The importation of hollow-point rifle ammunition is not prohibited — say, for the .44 Magnum Ruger rifles, the .357 Magnum and .38 Special and 9mm and .40 Marlin rifles, .22 rimfire rifles, etc., etc. — so many people have imported hollow-point rifle ammunition in those calibres. Sometimes, they have been required to attach a little sticker to each box of cartridges, saying “For use in rifles only.”
    5) The sticker has no effect. Once the ammunition has been legally imported, it comes in as a “permitted explosive” which is not and cannot be a “prohibited explosive.” That being so, it cannot be retroactively made a “prohibited explosive” by a person loading it into their handgun. Therefore, ammunition in boxes with that sticker can legally be fired in handguns, because the only possible charge is possession of a “prohibited explosive” and both the Explosives Branch and Canada Customs certified that each cartridge in the shipment was a “permitted explosive” and not a “prohibited explosive” in order to let them into Canada. It is not possible to prosecute a person for using hollow-point ammunition in a handgun because they would be found innocent as a result of “official misdirection.”
    6) In the Regulations, at page 2715 of Canada Gazette Part II, Vol 132, No 20, there is a class established by Order in Council SOR 98-462, “prohibited ammunition.” It does not include hollow-point ammunition. It covers only handgun ammunition “designed, manufactured or altered so as to be capable of penetrating body armour…”, any projectile that is designed to ignite on impact (De Wilde .303, for example), or to explode on impact (7.65mm Argentine spotter cartridges, for example), or any cartridge that contains flechettes.
    7) Hollow-point handgun ammunition made in Canada, commercially or privately, does not have to be imported so there is nothing that the Explosives Branch can or does do about it. Such cartridges are perfectly legal.
    8)Where hollow-point handgun ammunition has been imported for use by police or other government agencies, and it comes on the market as surplus to requirements, it is legal unless it is stolen property.
    " Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm. " .... " And I looked , and behold a pale horse ; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."...." I will execute great vengeance on them with wrathful rebukes. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon them.” ; Ezekiel 25:17

Cabela's sells 9mm hollow points, Speer Gold Dot made in USA

also .40 & .45acp Hornady

It feels like listening to the Smyth Buster guys from Brownells Youtube channel. Those guys often say it's completely false, then they go on to talk about the "except" cases...

That means it isn't completely false.

Thanks for the info, Gunexpert007

The information provided in the course was about import, not purchasing, and it was repeated to make that clear.

Essentially what the instructor left out, is if a cartridge has dual use in a rifle, then importing that calibre in hollow point variants is fine.

I've seen the 9MM rifles, but never saw other hand gun calibre rifles at stores. It seems there are many, even 380.

There is actually quite a bit of ammo floating around right now. Lots of sales on bulk cases. $450-$500 for 1000/5.56 .......... $450-$480 for 500/ 7.62x51............... $260 - $300 for 1000/ 9mm and SAKO with their $20 off a box promo
    Once this round of ammo is gone..... I don't know. It is not sounding good. Not sure of what is in the warehouses or already in the pipeline but Vista is ONE Year behind now on orders (over 1 Billion dollars) some 'talk' around here is some firearms manufacturers are in the same boat. Order something now and you might not see it until next summer.

So, it would be a good idea to pick up an extra case or a few extra boxes. 2 months from now....next spring? Supply might be thin and that means prices up. Next summer, I can only imagine ( some dealers have $600+ cases of 5.56 already)
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

The Cabela's flyer came in the mail today...pretty good sale starting next Monday...............no such thing as to much ammo !!
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

There is no such thing as left over bacon !!

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By barkerlakebob

Camo tung (11-18-2020), Sabio (11-18-2020), Stew (11-20-2020)

I need me some crates of 7.62x39.
    Pump actions speak louder than words

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast