Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    Stock up on components quick. Especially primers, as those seem to be the hardest to find.
    This has made a lot of people in the USA angry...

I suppose $299.99 for a brick of small rifle primers is a wee bit over priced. But that’s what supply and demand economics does. Aren’t you glad we live in Canada?

Clay from Prophet River in Lloydminster has even posted on the home page on his web site, that he cannot ship primers to the USA. He is getting very tired of saying no to the Americans.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    THAT ^^^^^^ is insane.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

6MT (02-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Primers are as prevalent as liberals reaching for your wallet right now. You won't like the price however...$8.99/100 at Cabelas for the basic SR, SP.
    Rangeview in Newmarket jacked it up to $11.99!!
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    This has made a lot of people in the USA angry...

I suppose $299.99 for a brick of small rifle primers is a wee bit over priced. But that’s what supply and demand economics does. Aren’t you glad we live in Canada?.
    Not sure why people get angry about such silliness. The proper response is to NOT buy the item. And maybe to refrain from ever buying from the gouging douchbag ever again. Supply and demand works both ways. The best way to punish gougers is to not buy from them.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Suputin

lone-wolf (02-19-2021), Rory McCanuck (02-19-2021)

I recently bought the last two bricks out of my LGS. I don't even remember what I paid for them as I wanted the primers a lot more than I was concerned about paying extra for an item that is extremely limited at the moment. The price wasn't outrageous but it was probably more than I have paid in the past. I'm OK w that because I have two bricks of primers on my shelf when others don't.

It comes down to what you would rather do: Have the primers or bitch about the price?

I recently bought the last two bricks out of my LGS. I don't even remember what I paid for them as I wanted the primers a lot more than I was concerned about paying extra for an item that is extremely limited at the moment. The price wasn't outrageous but it was probably more than I have paid in the past. I'm OK w that because I have two bricks of primers on my shelf when others don't.

It comes down to what you would rather do: Have the primers or bitch about the price?
    2 weeks ago I bought 1000 Federal SP for $55 and 1000 Federal SR for $58...locally. I do want primers and I do bitch. Vote with your wallet.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    2 weeks ago I bought 1000 Federal SP for $55 and 1000 Federal SR for $58...locally. I do want primers and I do bitch. Vote with your wallet.
    Nice!

I ended up buying Sm Pistol Match primers (didn't even know there was such a thing) only because they were there on the shelf and they were the last two bricks, and I can always use more Sm Pistol primers. I think they were in the $75-$85 range, which is a bit spendy but I'd rather have those primes on my shelf than the money in my bank.

I don't see the world becoming a better place in the future and ammo will be our last defence against what is coming.

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Suputin

Camo tung (02-19-2021), Rory McCanuck (02-19-2021)

Not sure why people get angry about such silliness. The proper response is to NOT buy the item. And maybe to refrain from ever buying from the gouging douchbag ever again. Supply and demand works both ways. The best way to punish gougers is to not buy from them.
    Yeah, but we are talking about the reaction from Americans. Just look at trump.

I see Higginson is almost completely out of primers, but he also hasn't increased his prices. I just got 1000 Federal Large Pistol Magnum primers for $48, which was all he had left, or so his website indicates. A lot of shops have increased powder prices too.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By chuckufarlie

Camo tung (02-19-2021)

We started to see price increases on powder in October of last year.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast