Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    The last pallet of cheap 22Lr to come into the Cabelas near me was Winchester 40 grain solid points. It was $19.99 per brick of 500. Im still running through what I had before I bought those 10,000 rounds. Starting to get a few more duds in the much older stuff. I dont want to crack the Winchester cases until the rest is used up. Anyway...thats the last 22LR I bought. What was that now....8 or 9 years ago ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

The last .22 i bought was 16.99/525rnds from Cabelas.
    I have been waiting since then for the price to come back down there...
    I am getting very low.
    Which is good news for the gophers.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

I haven't been into the local BassPro (only one within 200 miles) for over 6 weeks and was shocked to see that almost all rifle ammo was gone!! Most of what was left was the 'High dollar' rounds like SAKO and 'target' ammo - all over $40 / box and not much of that. Some of that is due to Moose season opening lately and deer too. But the last time I was in for a 'sale' they didn;t have the 'Sale' ammo and wouldn't give a Rain check said they didn't know when the next shpt of ammo would be in. I was looking for some 150g x39 - seems there is none in Canada, on-line or anywhere I can access. Glad I've been stocking up at the LGS - his prices have stayed the same all year and his shelves are still pretty full - here in Moncton NB. Both CanTires are low on ammo, while one Wally has firearms and only a very little ammo and the other has dropped ALL firearms and ammo! I'm advising all the people at my range to buy now, at the LGS. Before his supplies dry up too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456