Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    The last pallet of cheap 22Lr to come into the Cabelas near me was Winchester 40 grain solid points. It was $19.99 per brick of 500. Im still running through what I had before I bought those 10,000 rounds. Starting to get a few more duds in the much older stuff. I dont want to crack the Winchester cases until the rest is used up. Anyway...thats the last 22LR I bought. What was that now....8 or 9 years ago ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

The last .22 i bought was 16.99/525rnds from Cabelas.
    I have been waiting since then for the price to come back down there...
    I am getting very low.
    Which is good news for the gophers.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

I haven't been into the local BassPro (only one within 200 miles) for over 6 weeks and was shocked to see that almost all rifle ammo was gone!! Most of what was left was the 'High dollar' rounds like SAKO and 'target' ammo - all over $40 / box and not much of that. Some of that is due to Moose season opening lately and deer too. But the last time I was in for a 'sale' they didn;t have the 'Sale' ammo and wouldn't give a Rain check said they didn't know when the next shpt of ammo would be in. I was looking for some 150g x39 - seems there is none in Canada, on-line or anywhere I can access. Glad I've been stocking up at the LGS - his prices have stayed the same all year and his shelves are still pretty full - here in Moncton NB. Both CanTires are low on ammo, while one Wally has firearms and only a very little ammo and the other has dropped ALL firearms and ammo! I'm advising all the people at my range to buy now, at the LGS. Before his supplies dry up too.

I have a crap-load of 9mm ammo for sale. Not getting any bites on it over on cgn. I think .33 cents a round is cheap...? All-in too.

I guess people aren’t buying ammo right now.
    Last edited by 6MT; 11-01-2020 at 11:59 AM.

I bulked up on Thunderbolts at LeBaron's, when they were still around. Bought 2 cases at $14.99 a brick.

last time (2017) I bought 9mm it was $239.99/1000 at Cabela's, should have bought more than 2, could be an indicator to start reloading

I see two places where the shortage of CCI Mini-mag CPHP has turned around.

Canadian Tire shows an increase in stock when this item is searched for my area. I see the row reporting of nearby CT stores and their quantities, which were zero before.

Cabelas also shows CPHP available now, at their pre-COVID price of $11.99 / 100 or the $39.99 / 300 formerly package known as "Choot'em", and now marketed as "Meat Eater series".

It seems ammo is flowing into Canada again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    last time (2017) I bought 9mm it was $239.99/1000 at Cabela's, should have bought more than 2, could be an indicator to start reloading
    You are in luck. Cabelas Black Friday sale. $11.99 a box for UMC 124gr.
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Sabio

Stew (11-12-2020)

^^^^
    I shop as much as possible at my LGS, but I couldn't pass that up esp with free delivery to my door. So I bought 1000.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    Startling ( but not really... ) news from the US, distribution companies such as Vista are showing massive backlogs of ammo in excess of over 12 months. Could this be what we are going to start seeing soon?

This year I have been told prices are going up, things may get a little delayed, but 12 months is going to be troublesome! Primers are in short supply down south, now loaded ammunition is going to be going through a bit of a drought it seems.

Crazy days! ( insert small sales pitch ) If you need ammo let us know, at the exact moment we are in good supply for some things

Vista Outdoors reports ammunition backlog of over $1B

'We currently have over a year's worth of orders for ammunition in excess of $1B,' CEO Chris Metz said.

"We currently have over a year's worth of orders for ammunition in excess of $1 billion," Metz said during the Nov. 5 call. “With demand far outstripping supply and inventory levels in the channel at all-time lows, we see strong demand continuing, and this metric informs our viewpoint of what a recovery or normalization could look like."
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-on-ammunition

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast