Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Nope. But what happens if its 4 or 5 times what you paid 3 months from now. You'll have missed out on the extra appreciation.
    I can see selling for current lgs prices but these characters selling stuff they bought ten years ago (with tag still attached) for 150% over local gunstore prices is what irks me. Yeah, yeah I know what the market will bear, nobody makes them buy at that price, can go elsewhere if they can find any, blah blah blah. An asshat is an asshat regardless of justification. One can only hope that it catches them one day too.

Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    My nearby Walmart got rid of the ammo cabinet.
    Unlucky me, I missed out.
    Across the way at Peavey - words fail me.

Luckily I have dies and enough primers & unfired brass to outlast me.
    Powder and pills are a different story, of course.
    I think my local WalMart got rid of their ammo. The cabinet is still there, but it's empty.

303 seems to have been moved into the "exotic" category. I don't expect it will ever be in the same range as 30-06, 308 etc again.

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Grimlock

Gunexpert007 (05-08-2022), M1917 Enfield (05-08-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I think my local WalMart got rid of their ammo. The cabinet is still there, but it's empty.

303 seems to have been moved into the "exotic" category. I don't expect it will ever be in the same range as 30-06, 308 etc again.
    All the Walmart's in the NCR got rid of their ammo and even airgun sales and unfortunately I think you may be right for the .303. I remember buying Winchester brand .303 for $19 a box, the same price as .30-06 and .308 at Le Baron's when they were still open.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

Meanwhile they are selling this in the USA where they still get lots of surplus .303 ammo -

Surplus WCC 81 to 84 .303 ball ammo which was made by Olin Defense for the Canadian Rangers.

Or this

Surplus 1989 Greek manufacture .303 ball ammo

Or this Surplus 1983 German made .303

Surplus 1983 German made .303.jpg

And this

384 Rounds of .303 British Ammo by Canadian Military Surplus - 174gr FMJ Mk VIIz *CORROSIVE*
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious and jovial behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

To whom it may concern: I hereby declare I am not responsible for the debts incurred by one Justin Trudeau!

If someone were to import that stuff, it would sell out in 3 days for twice the price.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    If someone COULD import that stuff, it would sell out in 3 days for twice the price.
    Fixed that for you. You tell me how to get them to part with it, go through the export paperwork process, ship it, USD to CAD exchange, without it costing three times as much, and I'll do it. Christ...we can't get the Americans to ship regular ammo, powder, and primers right now to save our lives. Start asking for specific stuff like that and....hens teeth....unicorns.....fairy dust.....honest liberals..... Oh, and anyone who thinks we just need to make larger bulk orders to make it worth while, I can tell you that we currently have enough powder and primers on order to fill a sea can, and the supplier won't even give us a vague hint at a delivery time. Could be tomorrow, could be 3 years from now. We don't even get the sound of crickets if we ask.
    Last edited by blacksmithden; 05-08-2022 at 01:43 PM.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

NRCAN will not let it in even if it once came from here, they have very strict and rigorous testing and certification process for ex-mil ammo before it is allowed to be imported.

Always wondered why we never had nice 303 here.
    Either old 1930s crap or hunting ammo.
    303 is $3/rnd...if you can find it.

I have 2 Enfields. I don't want to shoot them and use the priceless ammo I have
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Sabio

Swingerguy (05-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabio View Post
    Always wondered why we never had nice 303 here.
    Either old 1930s crap or hunting ammo.
    303 is $3/rnd...if you can find it.

I have 2 Enfields. I don't want to shoot them and use the priceless ammo I have
    I’m down to 10 remaining rounds, not 10 boxes, 10 cartridges. It’s a sad time.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516