Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post
    What I just got at SFRC this weekend would have required multiple stops at various shops down here in TX. The cupboards are laid bare and have been for sometime in the Houston / Gulf Coast region, that’s both firearms and ammo. Some of the little burg stores have decent selection but few and far between. All around my parts is a 2 box (100rd) limit if they remember to call you when it comes in for .223/5.56, 9mm & .45ACP. Believe me with this gem also, the ammo prices are the same here than up North with no exchange being taken into account........
    You can take ammo down to the US. No limit actually specified, but I’d pay attention to their 5,000 round export limit.

Personal use, not for resale. However, if you’re sharing because they treated you before...

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Averaging $59/lb for popular powders at Cabela's Edm North...
    Don't use Cabelas as a Guage on price, they have always been insane. Go to a place like Budget Shooting, way cheaper.

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    You can take ammo down to the US. No limit actually specified, but I’d pay attention to their 5,000 round export limit.

Personal use, not for resale. However, if you’re sharing because they treated you before...
    I believe that's a Canadian import limit, and only for approved ammo....which should probably cover most everything the average person would buy. Don't bring ammo back from the U.S. though unless you have an export license, which if you're Canadian, you don't. Unless things have changed recently, but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    I believe that's a Canadian import limit, and only for approved ammo....which should probably cover most everything the average person would buy. Don't bring ammo back from the U.S. though unless you have an export license, which if you're Canadian, you don't. Unless things have changed recently, but I don't think so.
    This is only about going down to US.

There was a guy entering from Mexico with just over 5k that got in trouble. News reports.

Do as I did, ask the Border guys as you clear before you do it next trip. And carry evidence of your gun purchase from the FFL as extra support if needed. They just state “reasonable amount” last time I looked.

And preferably, clear US customs in Canada. YVR should be used to shooters going back and forth. You might have to go to secondary to get your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    This is only about going down to US.
    Yeah that's what I mean, as far as I know ammo is covered by ITAR, which means it's a big no-no for Canadians to be taking ammo out of the U.S.

The Canadian side will only care about the amount and the approved list.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    dont matter,,,

I got it cheap and stacked it deep

got enough lead and powder for the civil war that is coming if Justin pulls off another 4 years
    CSSA

The latest issue of Calibre magazine has an article on their anticipations of ammunition prices depending upon who gets elected in the USA. Either way, doesn't sound like much will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Prices will go up. Always up
    My first can of gunpowder I bought at Harkley and Heywood back in the early 70's cost me $3.25 and across the border at Yeagers in Washington they were selling surplus H-4831 for .75 cents a pound out of a large hopper, you took it home in a brown paper bag. Yes prices will always go up but where is the tipping point when nobody can actually afford to shoot any longer.

I just can't believe the nerve of some people on cgn's EE. Trying to flog 8 pound jugs of powder north of $400. Some at $450. That's 60 to 70 percent above distributor pricing!! Only because of the shortage. People are just down right greedy.

I have 16 pounds of Varget and 16 pounds of Retumbo. Both unopened and surplus to my needs at present (because my opened jugs are still 3/4 full). I would not try and rip people off for 60 to 70 percent more than I paid. Just to try and make a quick buck and take advantage of people.

Sickening!

10. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By 6MT

hawk-i (09-21-2020), infidel29 (09-17-2020), Lee Enfield (09-16-2020), Northshore (09-16-2020), Rory McCanuck (09-16-2020)

It's kinda wonky at the moment. I can find some ammo on sale at many Canadian online retailers. That doesn't fit a shortage scenario, unless they just want to move it because business is slow.

I'm not exactly sure where some prices were before - maybe sometimes the sale price is what it was before February this year.

What's in stock in my local Canadian Tire isn't bad - it's far better than 2014.

I hear the local Bass Pro is short on a lot of ammo. But those guys have the strangest cycles for getting goods in. I think a truck arriving now was ordered by a computer in Fall 2019. They will have a sale on a firearm and have zero in stock before and after (this was prior to the pandemic - I tried the raincheck).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast