Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Cordless drill works good too . This year has me beat . I put in for a whitetail doe tag and for the hell of it put in for a adult cow moose tag and won both of them. I went to find out the season dates for the area I had the moose tag for and could not find it after days of looking. So I checked the draw info again and found a place to click that said Brochure and going thru that found the info I didn't really want to know. Turns out I was supposed to put in for a bull moose tag in that area in January and pay at least 2600 bucks to reverse a spot and then I could apply for the cow moose tag. Also the cow moose tag has to be shared with 8 people who also have to pay the 2600 bucks or more depending on what services you want. So guess what don't get to hunt moose ever in my lifetime again unless I move to another province.
    Last edited by Kenwp; 10-11-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Well, I sprung for a hunting licence, game bird permit and a bowhunting permit. No big game this year but I'm thinking next weekend I'm gonna go for a drive in the woods to shoot my bow, .22 and look for grouse.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenwp View Post
    Cordless drill works good too . This year has me beat . I put in for a whitetail doe tag and for the hell of it put in for a adult cow moose tag and won both of them. I went to find out the season dates for the area I had the moose tag for and could not find it after days of looking. So I checked the draw info again and found a place to click that said Brochure and going thru that found the info I didn't really want to know. Turns out I was supposed to put in for a bull moose tag in that area in January and pay at least 2600 bucks to reverse a spot and then I could apply for the cow moose tag. Also the cow moose tag has to be shared with 8 people who also have to pay the 2600 bucks or more depending on what services you want. So guess what don't get to hunt moose ever in my lifetime again unless I move to another province.
    or visit one

Quote Originally Posted by Kenwp View Post
    Where the hell is that???

Got out on Saturday and finally connected with some birds. Took 4 hours on a trail that is best described as not for the old, out of shape or faint of heart...so yeah...I was gassed by the time I got back to my vehicle.

Last edited by chuckbuster; 10-17-2020 at 08:59 AM.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By chuckbuster

Camo tung (10-12-2020), Northshore (10-12-2020)

Iíll remember that. It did feel good to rip that POS off but now Iím out one.

Here's a tale from last Fri. night. Had surgery on my hand booked on Fri morning so I figured my hunting season was done at least until mid Nov for deer. Am in my hospital nightie about to head down to the slab when I got cancelled. Some covid nonsense. We head for home and later my wife says instead of moping around go do a circuit. So I am a dust trail at this point with my muzzleloader and set up on a hill in my truck with no great hopes this early in the fall. Saw a number of does on the way but figured a chance at a buck was not likely. Sitting there glassing when up comes this deer head out of the buckbrush a couple hundred yards away. Antlers!! Outside the ears which is a usual early season standard for me. He followed a bush line that quartered my direction so when he put his head down I set up on a fencepost. I load and sight for 100 so I had no idea how high to aim at around 175. No wind, clear lane and broadside . Aimed top of his back and let er go. He jumped around and did all the scared deer things but no indication of a hit. He went into a bluff and I didn't even bother to reload. I always go take a look as I have been fooled before and walked on down. Not a drop of blood anywhere. I checked all the places I thought he had been as well as the edge of the bluff and no sign at all. I was on the way back up the hill when I found him. A decent 4X4 with a few extra little stickers. That bullet dropped in just like it had an appointment. Pure dumb luck. I got beat on elk a couple weeks ago so I guess the clouds parted, the hand came out and pointed at me and the voice said "well Tom, It's your turn." I paced it at 175 so without the contour about 160ish. Not going to be a new blackpowder standard for me, but a reminder that when everything is on your side, including luck, good things can happen..

TomC

9. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By TomC

Camo tung (10-12-2020), Dewey Cox (10-17-2020), GTW (10-12-2020), kennymo (10-12-2020), Northshore (10-12-2020), pitw (10-13-2020), R&R Rancher (10-13-2020), Swingerguy (10-17-2020)

In the truck warming up from more attempted goose hunting. I’m in the field where they’ve been coming in for most of the past week and I haven’t even had a flyover yet this morning.... Pretty sure this is why I haven’t bird hunted all that much for the last decade.

I did have a pretty nice whitetail buck wander out onto the field. Black powder opens Monday.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

pitw (10-17-2020)

I actually got out for a drive with the 20ga today looking for grouse. Didn't see a damn thing. Walked a bunch of side roads, pushed some brush, looked in trees and under the evergreens. We did have our first snow this year so that may have meant soemthing.

I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By FlyingHigh

Drache (10-17-2020)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234