Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

2020 Hunting efforts and results

Smoked this big fatty today. Sunny and warm but very windy, in a usually good producing area the birds were non-existent. Picked a bunch of rose hips then circled around a small marsh to the windy side of a stand of trees...and crossed paths with this tub of lard. Instead of making a break for the next county he went up, into mostly bare poplars. 1 cheapo Winchester trap load, I bird for the pot.

fat bastard grouse Sept 23 2020.jpg
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

2. The Following 11 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Aniest (09-23-2020), chuckbuster (10-06-2020), Dewey Cox (09-23-2020), Drache (10-03-2020), GTW (09-23-2020), kennymo (09-24-2020), lone-wolf (10-03-2020), Neil Burke (10-03-2020), pitw (09-25-2020), R&R Rancher (09-24-2020), Rory McCanuck (09-23-2020)

I was out with the dog today for an hours walk, spooked one grouse in the woods but never got a look at him.
    Saw some fox/coyote scat, more then I normally see in the area.
    The dog had fun, I got some exercise. The smell of fall is in the air. Good stuff.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Haven't been out since I got my moose, ran out of freezer space

I'm being told that I'll be given a small cube freezer for free in a couple weeks. If so then I'll go out again for a deer.

Goose hunting was a bust last weekend, but we did manage to smoke a couple ducks sneaking through the dugouts. Starting to get the deer hunting itch....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Work buddy gave me a small cube freezer for free too, full of nothing so far lol
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post

I'm being told that I'll be given a small cube freezer for free in a couple weeks. If so then I'll go out again for a deer.
    Is it pretty good hunting up there? Sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Is it pretty good hunting up there? Sounds fun.
    It's not great. There aren't that many moose and a LOT of hunters, we were just very lucky. We had a lot of hunters come up while we were gutting the moose and admit they were there for the past 5 days straight and never seen a single moose. That being said, on a road just 1km away, two hunters each dropped a bull at the same time, one on each side of the road.

The best moose hunting is on the Yukon border. Have seen a lot of deer though but this is my first year hunting here.

It's not great. There aren't that many moose and a LOT of hunters, we were just very lucky. We had a lot of hunters come up while we were gutting the moose and admit they were there for the past 5 days straight and never seen a single moose. That being said, on a road just 1km away, two hunters each dropped a bull at the same time, one on each side of the road.

The best moose hunting is on the Yukon border. Have seen a lot of deer though but this is my first year hunting here.

That’s cool I usually see 2-3 bull moose in 3-26 each year but we only have the spike fork season here. I’ve never seen one.

I got my bear in the spring and have been out for a mulie buck but have seen none. Grouse are scarce here this year. I would see 5 in places I would normally see 30. Predators are up. Going to go out with my new mule deer grunt call and my rattling antler set. Seen a cougar on a trail cam picture of a buddies. Might explain why there is no deer around.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Yeah. a moose'll do that. Hope you get that deer though. I'm partial to venison sausage grilled over some nice coals myself

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast