Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)

What counts as proper firearms storage ? Ian Runkle video.

How many times has the internet wanted an answer to THIS question ?

GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Aniest (09-28-2020), Magmalis (09-27-2020), Swingerguy (09-27-2020)

A positive outcome for a change.
    "If I could time travel I would go back to 1971 and slip Pierre Trudeau a condom!" From: This hour has 22 minutes

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Safe storage has never been defined by any government. There is no requirement for or definition of what a 'safe' is in the FA either.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Justice

Aniest (09-28-2020)

What counts as proper firearms storage ?

Whatever the law prescribes.

Additionally, if charged with unsafe storage while complying with that prescription, whatever the judge decides.

In other words, it is not really possible to know.
    Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.

All restrictions/prohibitions on the use, carriage, or possession of firearms must be repealed.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

That was an interesting case when it happened.
    I'll have to watch the vid.
    I appreciate Runkle doing these but they're a bit long.

I really like his videos. Very informative, and he has a lot of them.

For some foreign perspective. The Act on Weapons and Ammunition in Poland states plainly that guns should be kept in a safe meeting a specific criteria, called "Class S1".

2. Weapons and ammunition shall be stored in a room adapted to this purpose, hereinafter referred to as "weapon storeroom", or in devices that meet the requirements of at least class S1 in accordance with PN-EN 14450.
    Every S1 safe you buy is certified to that standard:

IMG_7831.jpg

It's possible to get old safes certified by this agency (IMP), but I hear its a PIA and quite expensive.

And if you have 50 or more guns you need to construct a weapons storeroom. The law also has a very detailed description of what features a weapon storeroom should have:

4. 1. A weapon warehouse is a separate room in a non-flammable building, separated by masonry walls, located as far as possible upstairs, having:
    1) ABC powder extinguisher with a mass of extinguishing agent of at least 4 kg and a fire blanket;
    2) doors meeting at least the requirements referred to in the Polish Standard PN-EN 1627, sealed or supplied another indicator indicating the entry of unauthorized persons; doors with thick steel sheet are allowed at least 2 mm, having a counter-blockade and closing at least one lock, at least in class "7" according to PN-EN 12209, and door lock closed with a padlock, at least in class "5" according to the PN-EN 12320 standard;
    3) windows covered with a steel mesh with the mesh size 10 mm 10 mm, with a wire diameter of 2.5 mm, and fixed on fixed in the wall with a grating made of steel bars with a diameter of not less than 12 mm or flat steel dimensions not smaller than 8 mm 30 mm; the spacing between bars in the grating is to not exceed dimensions 120 mm 120 mm, flat bars 80 mm horizontally and 240 mm vertically; replacement of windows is allowed interchangeably bulletproof class of at least BR 1 according to PN-EN 1063 or equivalent, or with increased resistance for burglary, at least in the P4A class according to PN-EN 356, without the possibility of opening;
    4) securing the burglary and assault signaling system that meets the requirements of at least PN-EN 50131-1 with the transmission of an alarm signal to the armed intervention post that is on duty 24 hours a day; room not equipped with this signaling will be covered by 24/7 armed protection;
    5) a sandbox or other device used to intercept projectiles with the designation "AIM WEAPONS HERE", at the place of loading and unloading the weapon.
    There's a lot more in the laws... Also even with all this people STILL say the law isn't clear or there is no obligation to do this or that... it never ends.

Here's some examples of Polish Gun Safes:

https://www.sejfy-stalpol.pl/11-klasa-s1
    https://www.sejfy-stalpol.pl/seria-m...polkami.html#/

They just never show you in the photos how much space a bolt action rifle with a pistol grip and scope take up...
    Last edited by joe6167; 09-30-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By joe6167

Camo tung (10-01-2020), Soph (10-01-2020)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi05 View Post
    That was an interesting case when it happened.
    I'll have to watch the vid.
    I appreciate Runkle doing these but they're a bit long.

I believe he started doing them to help educate less experienced lawyers. That's why he goes into such depth. A lot of stuff that goes over our heads is important to them and their cases.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Maybe.
    I heard him say in one video that there was lots of discussion on X topic on forums so he would clarify.
    (Paraphrasing).
    I did say I appreciate his work.

Those Polish safes are pretty nice for what they charge. I suppose everything is cheaper there though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast